Updated Special Regulations Map

DaveKile

DaveKile

Administrator
Staff member
Several years ago I received the help from many on the forum to create six maps with all the locations of the special reg streams. We had to creat six as Google wouldn't let us combine so many nodes into one map. I think these maps were even before the PFBC had anything online.

I have updated the maps for 2020 and now able to combine them into one map with six layers. Each of the layers matches up with how the PFBC has the six regions set up around the state. There is a pin for each special reg stream and blue line for the general location on the stream. Each of the major special regulations is used int he pins, prolly need a legend.

For you, this map can be bookmarked, linked to, used for navigation, embedded into a website or blog.

This winter I plan to check on the accuracy, make any fixes and try to embed into the map the USGS stream gauge. I think this is a pretty cool feature. So I made this work with a few streams, but take First Fork Sinnemahoning, if you go to that pin you will see a graph of the seven CFS embedded when you click on the pin.

Thoughts, feedback, and major corrections are welcome. Thank you to all that helped many years ago to get this started. I am going to update the Where to Fly Fish section in the menu with this map next.

You may want to use the GIS feature for the "trout" maps on the PAFBC website for cross reference. It lists and displays all the special regs areas. Also, in the past I've been able to find the same data available for download and that can be loaded into Google Earth.

Thanks PennKev

Yep been using that and have found that it has not been updated for 2020 yet. Still missing many of the changes to the Keystone Select Trout Waters. I used the Summary PDF and

The current GIS map still displays the old data. Example:
Mcmichael Creek - Section #5 1.63 Miles from 1.14 KM (0.71 MI) DWS TURKEY HILL RD (T-416) BRDG downstream to GLENNBROOK RD (SR2004) BRDG on the

The 2020 summary and Keystone page: McMichaels Creek – 2.42 miles; 0.13 km downstream from theTurkey Hill Road (T- 416) Bridge downstream to Glenbrook Rd. (SR 2004) Bridge

I'm sure they'll update soon, but they do provide some good references for now.

They use a few different maps. I like the county guide best. Some good layers with the Class A streams.

Back