Unsure where else to ask this question.....

B

BillPress

Since you guys are all Pennsylvania outdoorsmen, maybe one of the old-timers here will remember; Back in the mid-70's, we used to travel to a place in the Clarion area called the Fox Estate to spot deer. It had been a country club at one time but was shut down and it was infested with white tails. They were everywhere in our spotlight beams out in those old fields.

The odd thing was the unusually high ratio of bucks to does. If there were 15 sets of eyes in one field, 11 or 12 of the heads had racks on them. It was quite the local tourist attraction and the dirt roads through the huge place were busy with slow moving cars with lights sweeping the openings on September and October nights.

I've lost touch with the guys who showed me it and I can't find any information on the place.

Do any of you guys remember anything about it?

It sounds like you are describing the Riverstone Estate (Fox estate) in Foxburg.

I don't know much about it, but golfed on the old golf course back in the early 70s. I think the GC is still there.

Last I heard Riverstone was up for sale.

Being as I didn't win the Power Ball on Saturday, it is a little bit out of my price range, even though they dropped the price again.

I think Bikerfish know a little about this place.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for.

http://www.riverstoneestate.com/?q=node/34

if this is what you are looking for, it's quite the place. My father had met the guy that bought it in the 90s and restored it, nice guy, would have lunch at the foxburg inn, (which he owned) sitting at the bar in his dirty carhartts, taking a break from whatever he was working on that day. He invited my father up and gave him a tour of the entire estate, which my father really enjoyed.

If I win the lottery tomorrow I will buy that place and try to hire Bikerfish as caretaker. ;-)

sweet, I'm in!

Back