tying with junk

not worried. just didn't want my chops busted too badly. lol. bad eyes and fat fingers keep me from tying what I'd like to make....they'll fish fine though.

Those don't suck too much. :lol:

Yes, yes they will. And probably already have.

Alright, I see you waiting Kray. Here it is.
isonymph_zps52be98e9.jpg

That is a very nice tie. Wish I could tie like that but l lose interest after 30 minutes.

Did I mention that my hooks and 90% of my tying supplies are from the late 80's? I went to tie some Clouser crayfish last week and the furry foam had turned to dust. LOL. I could tie vintage flies with materials that were probably packaged during that time period. :-D

Thanks Kray. Like to see more of your stuff from time to time.

They look great, in my opinion. That is some thick floss as well. I have never tied these nymphs. Can you use a turkey biot or goose biot as well. I have fat fingers and think that the harder biot material would be easier for me to tie with than floss. Plus I could see it catching on the imperfections in my hands and fraying. Does this floss do this, or is it a bit more durable than the other.

I often tie up some really generic caddis when I am done tying pheasant tail. All of the left over tail fibers, can be made into some sweet cased caddis flies.

kray look like some nice asia tyed ones there...lol

look good for a blind guy

They look really nice. Really like the iso nymph's

GC

Kray

Those bugs are looking good. Thanks for posting the pics.

Back