Tying Lessons in Lancaster area

JVenezia

JVenezia

Does anyone know of any Cheap or Free tying lessons? I have all my own materials just lack the knowledge. And am frustrated with youtube.... lol I do tie a bit but, they are just ugly bugs of my own creation.

Any help is appreciated.

check with the local T.U. chapter

I don't anything about lessons in your area but try picking up a good beginners fly tying book. I got Charlie Cravens beginner book and it taught me a lot of little things that helped. Another thing is Fly Anglers Online has a step by step beginner section.

Sorry E-Setter not a T.U. member but, do know Bob Kutz pretty well.

The Donegal TU class (if offered) would be open to the general public. You need not be a TU member. The Lancaster County Park System offered classes awhile back and I took them one winter. Ed Kraft was the instructor but he has since passed on and I don't know if they still offer the classes. Also, I believe that some board members have organized some local tying get together in recent years. I'm sure they would welcome a beginner and show you the ropes. There might be some tying classes at the Lancaster Flyfishing Show in the Convention Center.

Just signed up for the 7 weeks beginner classes at Bass Pro.

In this area, that's not a bad option. That will certainly get you off the ground and you'll have all the materials you need right there at the store.

There is an informal group that meets once-a-week during the winter months in the Lititz area. We get together, tie flies, tell lies, drink a beer or two and just enjoy the camaraderie.

wg I like your group also.

The fly tying is at my house starting Jan 9 @7:00 pm. I live in Rothsville. Send me a PM I will get you more information.

Rick

The fly fishing show in Lancaster will be coming up in a few months as well. Lots of great tyers there to talk to and pick their brains.

It is March 1st and 2nd at the Lancaster County Convention Center.

I will for sure make the show this year.

Orvis has fly tying 101 (beginners classes) coming up Jan 18th, 25th; Feb 1,8,15 and 22nd. They are located not to far from the King of Prussia Mall. (500 W Germantown Pike #1515, Plymouth Mtg, PA)

Here is the Phone # 610-825-1010....give them a call to find out more details.

Back