Tying Foam Grasshopper-Video

gaeronf

gaeronf

It's summertime. Everyone needs some terrestrials in their box whether it be ants, beetles, hoppers, crickets, etc. I tied these up for the trip I'm going to in Maine, and hopefully I will come back with some good photos. This fly kills 2 birds with one stone. It will act as an indicator/suspender and fishable fly. It can be a dry-dropper top fly and it will still catch fish as a grasshopper. Fairly simple and easy to tie.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BJC1vh2-G4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Thanks Gaeron! Nice vid!

Thanks. Good job and good luck with it up north.

Nice hopper fly! I'm going to tie a few for my trip to yellowstone. Thanks for the video. Have fun in Maine.

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

JH

i love it!!! i bet it is great for smallies too.i am going to tye some right now.

Hey Shakey! Saturday night...no gig?!? :-o

The City is rockin'
And you're on here talkin'

haha! i took off because i had two shows last saturday(and the one before) and two next saturday.

i've been doing steady thursdays ,then fri,2x sat and steady sundays.

I NEEDED TO RELAX AND TYE FOAM HOPPERS!i tyed some last night that will be used as the dry end of a hopper/dropper rig.

THAT IS ONE OF THE BEST FOAM HOPPERS i HAVE SEEN. gREAT JOB AND GREAT INSTRUCTIONAL

Nice fly Gaeron, and impressive left handed scissor technique :)
I really liked the trick with the rubber legs.
Mike.

FrequentTyer wrote:
Nice fly Gaeron, and impressive left handed scissor technique :)
I really liked the trick with the rubber legs.
Mike.

Mike, I'm a lefty naturally. My dad screwed me up because he didn't want me to use lefty baseball mitts. So i transitioned to a lot of right handed things, but retained some things (scissors) lefty.

Back