Tulpehocken Stocking Question

foxtrapper1972

foxtrapper1972

Was wondering if the Tulpehocken has any wild fish (below dam)? Also I was not sure if it is only stocked with fingerlings or if larger fish are stocked too? I do know the fly shop in Reading stocked fingerling rainbows in the fall.

No fingerlings. According to PFBC stocking schedule available on the web site, not until 3/11 with adult trout.

They stock adult fish in multiple locations starting in a couple weeks, I would say there are some wild fish in the stream, but not a very strong population. I often think some of the wild fish in the stream are originally from the feeders, but that's just a guess.

I believe It gets stocked with the large fish in March and December. Before tco put these last fingerlings in when was the last time the fully got fingerlings?

There are tons of wild fish in the Tulpehocken below the dam - carp, assorted sunnies, rock bass and even the occasional smallmouth.

There were some fingerlings stocked this fall. TCO Flyshop had a few fundraising events to raise the money for the fingerlings. They hope to do it every year.

Thanks for responding guys. I caught some small Browns there last year that sure looked like wild fish...Also some beautiful Rainbows with perfect fins and great color.

There are wild fish in a few of the tribs. I'm sure some of them find their way into the Tully.

Back