Trout Streamers

Not to justify that pic, but the lighting doesn't give it justice and has a fuller darker back and the spots are more defined.

I'll post the brookie. The belly is a little more red/orange than the picture shows.
For the kish I have a small bow too. Hopefully with the baby brown and bow I can entice some of those large browns.

Attachments

• Copy of Brook Trout.jpg
    Copy of Brook Trout.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 2
Looks lie of you tied that bigger it'd make a nice perch fly for pike...but its cool too...

Funny you say the pike thing.
I upper Quebec, we have a cabin on a lake where no one lives.
The lakes are connected by small streams and beaver ponds. In the streams and ponds brookies live.
I do tie a large brookie for the pike.
I will try and find pike on fly rod pictures and post them.

i like to use mickey finns,red and whites,which are mickey finns with white in place of the yellow and generic bucktaills with white under the hook and brown over.

sometimes i use two buggers together as a crayfish pattern.

i use a few other classic streamers too like grey ghosts,black nosed dace,black ghosts ,muddlers etc.

i use clousers for bass,but i hear people catch trout on them too.

jayL wrote:
Not familiar with the thunderhead. A quick google search turned up no picture. Anybody have one?

As for the slumpbuster, anyone have a recipe?

If I'm thinking right, thunderhead is tied with bucktail. You tie the bucktail on the hook with the butt ends facing the bend and the tips out past the eye so the hairs surround the the hook. Then you bend the hair back encircling the hook and tie them down a couple eye widths behind the bend in the hair. Also if I remember it is a style of tying then the name of a fly.

sounds like a thunder creek special to me. AKA thunder creek silver shiner.

i tye a version with craft fur,never caught anything on it though :)

Shakey,
In phila you need a crack streamer to catch trout(wissahickon), just tie some pearl beads to the hook and cast out your sure to catch a philly trout...

try the craft fur streamers in the river, bass and stripers lov em..

jayL wrote:
Not familiar with the thunderhead. A quick google search turned up no picture. Anybody have one?

Whoops got my flies mixed up. A thunderhead is a dry fly pattern from the smokies that I use for brookies. The fly I meant was the Thunder Creek Special. I like to tie it with brown on top black in the middle and white on the belly with tinsel and flashabou mix in accordingly.

Ah, that makes more sense.

All I found out there was a dry fly pattern.

Back