trout run!?

W

wetflytacoma

Going to be hitting trout run by williamsport and was wondering if anyone knows what bugs will be on out there?! In a week or two?!

Stone Flies, maybe some blue quills and hendricksons. Midges, BWO's. Make sure you have them in soft hackle flies.

Do you mean Lycoming Creek in Trout Run? Or do you mean the stream Trout Run in Trout Run?

As far as I can remember the stream itself is a fairly poor stream with little to no fish in it anymore.

Lycoming Creek will have the usual bugs for spring: caddis, midges, and early season mayflies.

BradFromPotter wrote:
I'd be surprised if there would be Hendricksons in a week. Any Forsythia's ready to bloom down that way?
Well maybe not, but I'd look for them just in case. Fishing the nymphs would be fine.
BTW the stream that comes off there mountains into Lycoming Creek is Steam Valley Run not Trout Run, Trout Run is halfway up the mountain.

There are a ton of trout runs around for sure. Gotta be pretty specific when asking a question about one of them

After some research I see that USGS now lists the stream as Trout Run., but it wasn't always that way.

I just know we go up through williamsport, and go to the top of the mountain in trout run? The bear weight station is before it and the back side would lead to shunk?

I would def fish lycoming creek and not waste time on trout run but that is my opinion. It will be a nymphing game as well. Don't expect much top action.

small winter black and brown stones, its still cold and HIGH water up this way.

wetflytacoma wrote:
I just know we go up through williamsport, and go to the top of the mountain in trout run? The bear weight station is before it and the back side would lead to shunk?
TR starts about half way up the mountain on rt. 15, the Branch that comes down the side of the mountain toward Lycoming Creek is Steam Valley Run. There is another stream that flow north from there also named Steam Valley Run.

I would start crawling on my knees for Brookies on Grays Run. When your knees get sore fish the Lycoming.

Back