Trout Run York PA

J

jdl2425

So my friends all want to go to see the Seven Gates of Hell. First of all, I don't tress pass onto private property, second its a myth, and third I don't hike 8 miles into the woods unless I'm fishing a small stream. I noticed the road where the gate is located is trout run rd. and there is a stream called trout run close by. I'm looking to spend my time more wisely and law abidingly and was wondering if anyone who has fished this stream has caught trout or not. Also, I was wondering if the stream is accessible or if it is posted. Any info is appreciated,
thanks - John

Never fished it, it is on private property. However I did hear from someone (can't remember who) that it does have wild/native trout in it. I can't remember if they said brooks or browns. When checking out a stream on posted property, I go to the York County GIS website.

Here is the link: http://gis.york-county.org/MapData.aspx

Click on Assessment Data & Mapping, In the upper right hand corner change the two settings to aerial 2003 and aerial 2008

Then in the upper left hand corner click on Search and under Owner Name, type in Geesaman Carl E

Then click on one of the three addresses and it will take you to his properties, which also contain trout run. Then you will know where he lives and can go ask for permission to fish. Hope that helps and good luck

John,

I have done a little research on this stream and from what I can gather, it contains Brook trout. I have not been able to get access to it but would love to fish it some day. I have not come across anyone who has fished it. If you ever get access and need a partner to help fish it, just let me know.

Steve

Thanks for the info and if i ever go and get access your welcome to join me steve. However, i think my friends have come to their senses and i won't be going there anytime soon.

If this is the same Trout Run I'm thinking of, it crosses Lisburn Road and meets the Yellow Breeches at Messiah College, just upstream from the covered bridge. The water temp in the lower 100 yards or so was still 62 degrees in mid July the last time I surveyed it.

mattofcarlise,

No. This Trout Run does not enter the Breeches. I'll keep the info a little close to the vest because it's on private property.

Back