Trout beads

albud1962

albud1962

Molded facsimile ?

I don't understand the question...

not enough information. secret decoder ring broken

Wondered if these were legal in the FFO areas.

Do you mean the brass or tungsten type? If so yes.

I googled 'trout beads' and found a company called "TroutBeads" that sells fly tying beads. Some of them are made to look like salmon eggs.

No. The specific language isn't molded facsimile anymore. It is:

1.Fishing may be done with artificial flies and streamers constructed of natural or synthetic materials so long as all flies and constructed in a natural fashion on a single hook with components wound on or about the hook. Anything other than these is prohibited.

3. The use or possession of any natural bait, biatfish, fishbait, bait paste or similar substances, fish eggs (natural or molded), or any other edible substance is prohibited.

Trout eggs that appear to look like fish eggs would be a violation.

But it appears that the "Natural or molded" is specific to the fish eggs.

Trout worms; those little rubber worms in assorted colors would also have to be wound on I suppose. if not scented or flavored they could be legal but I wouldn't take the chance.

Attachments

• FFO.JPG
    FFO.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 2
Beads and coneheads aren't wound on or about the hook. Dumbell eyes wood be, ala a clouser minnow.

I think we are splitting hairs here. Depends on the mood of the CO. Ihave seen some pretty narrow interpretations ie searching a mans car without reasonable suspicion. Their suspicion, the mans license plate was dirty and obscured so as to avoid detection. It was no dirtier than anyone elses.

Thats weak, and a stretch my mind, unless they had run into that guy previously,he had a record or similar.

There's another similar product called otter eggs (molded facsimile) also illegal.

Tigereye wrote:
Beads and coneheads aren't wound on or about the hook. Dumbell eyes wood be, ala a clouser minnow.

They're not talking about weighted beads, they're talking about plastic beads that are effectively a molded fish egg analogue.

imag015.jpg

Natural or molded appears in the natural section of the regulation,
I'm thinking french fry and tater tot, natural but reformed. Either way why would anyone bother using plastic eggs?

not for me, but it is big business in Alaska.

blueheron wrote:
I'm thinking french fry and tater tot, natural but reformed. Either way why would anyone bother using plastic eggs?

So they can call themselves "flyfishers" and appeal to the timeless image of wearing a hat festooned with flies and a lovely tweed coat.

Plastic egg with a big piece of foam and a CDC puff=hottest fly of 2015

The_Sasquatch wrote:

You forgot about the rubber legs...

Tiogadog wrote:
The_Sasquatch wrote:

You forgot about the rubber legs...

But now its not a true egg so you can't call yourself an egg fisherman.

Egg bellied never-sink cdc caddis. The movement is unamazinginglybelievable.

You are trying to hard Squatch.

With the holidays quickly approaching you could sting some up as a necklace for that someone special in your life, handmade presents are the best. If you're especially crafty you could fashion matching
dangling earrings for a complete ensemble.

Back