Trouble with Photos

Dave_W

Dave_W

Staff member
Dear Readers,
At the time we're experiencing tech troubles with photos on the site. This is due, in part, to changed policies at Photobucket. Other sites are working, but producing oversize pics that blow out the margins. Old threads with PB images may be affected as well.

The moderator staff is aware of this and we hope to have some idea of better options soon. In the meantime, you may wish to avoid linking to photos for the time being, especially if you have tradionally relied on Photobucket.

Just to share, I use Flickr to save my images and then post embedded code in the forum for people to see my pictures.

Photobucket is a bunch of a**holes, four hundred bucks for a year if I want all my past photos to still be posted. Thank god I never used it as a storage method like others, bunch of crooks.

Lost some good photos. I wouldn't pay for it.

Its crazy, I'm just glad I'm not one of those people who have all their pics on photobucket or have my own sight hosting thousands of pics from there. I could see why some people might pay up. If I only had pictures saved on photobucket and no where else I would be furious to lose them.

truly disappointed with what I found on my return to Photobucket. The site is all but unusable without a pay subscription.

It wasnt a very good customer service move by photobucket. Looks like I need to try flickr. Google photos and shutterfly don't seem to support the type of functionality needed to share photos embedded in other websites or forums. I am honestly surprised and disappointed this functionality is missing from google.

Unless you have paid for the Photobucket service, it is likely your images are unreadable to online users and all they will be able veiw is the message below.

Please use another hosting site to post photos.

FYI Photobucket story

Attachments

• photobucket-new-policy-2017.jpg
    photobucket-new-policy-2017.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 6
nomad_archer wrote:
It wasnt a very good customer service move by photobucket. Looks like I need to try flickr. Google photos and shutterfly don't seem to support the type of functionality needed to share photos embedded in other websites or forums. I am honestly surprised and disappointed this functionality is missing from google.

Google had the functionality with Picasa, but like most good Google products, they killed that product and moved everyone to Photos. I think there are ways to use Photos to embed content in other Google products, but general embedding is not a native feature, which I agree is a basic missing functionality.

In the meantime, the moderator staff may delete posts that have such photo failures. Of course, we'll leave the post up if it contains valuable written information.

I'm not endorsing Flickr for the long haul, there are part of Yahoo and who knows what the holds. I keep, store and backup all my photographs locally. I only us Flickr and other online services for sharing purposes.

salmonoid wrote:
nomad_archer wrote:

Google had the functionality with Picasa, but like most good Google products, they killed that product and moved everyone to Photos. I think there are ways to use Photos to embed content in other Google products, but general embedding is not a native feature, which I agree is a basic missing functionality.

Yep. I didnt use Picasa but I read that it was included and many are very upset about it.

this is what I have been using on here so far https://cubeupload.com

Photobucket is really holding the internet hostage. Trying to find info and pics on things and you can't view anything.

It seems my photo links to my Microsoft OneDrive have recently broken. I will investigate if it's a change at Microsoft.

Ok, I read online that one needs to occasionally log in to OneDrive or the URLs will fail to resolve. I tried this and like magic all my photos have re-appeared on PaFF.

FYI YMMV

Fredrick,

How do you delete pictures from cubeupload.com? Also I didn't see any editing abilities. Is it purely a service to upload pictures? Thanks.

Yeah you don’t even need an account

Back