Tropical Storm Henri

C

Canoetripper

Never underestimate a "Tropical Storm." I've learned this lesson the hard way many times.

I've seen everyone scared to death on off shore oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico when I did that work, and had my Ford Bronco destroyed when it marinated in flooding salt water while vacationing on NC's outer banks.

According to the data to the right, the USGS website shows that there was well over 6" of rain where I fish on the Tobyhanna Creek over the weekend.

That is a lot of rain in a short amount of time.

While many of the extreme rain events portions of our state have endured the past decade or so habe been linked to tropical depressions or hurricam remnants, it isn't always the case.

Hopefully the flooding wasn't too severe in the northeast corner of the state.

The Ny/Pa border in Tioga co saw upwards of 8in of rain in under 24 hours last week. Mostly in the Cowanesque river watershed. Local politicians are already campaigning to kick DEP into action to "clean" out the streams.

Canoetripper....Bottom parking lot of Austin T Blakeslee was under water yesterday from the Toby.

Mcmicheals got over 6 inches according to my rain gauges and my basement. I could have gotten a good drift in my backyard.

Yeah some of the Lehigh Valley streams got 5 to 6" between Saturday night and Monday morning.

Lehigh River in white haven at 8000. 750 cfm is aa spring time normal and a summertime release flow. I may take a ride over there just to see it.

Lehigh River in white haven at 8000. 750 cfm is aa spring time normal and a summertime release flow. I may take a ride over there just to see it.

I checked the flow out of FEW when I got home from work yesterday and saw the 8000 cfs out of the dam

I went for a bike ride to check it out, and you have to see it to appreciate it.
The Lehigh was angry, my friends.
Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

The Mud Run bridge at 903 was almost under water Monday morning. I've seen some videos and pictures my friends have been posting of Mud Run and the Lehigh from the last few days. I wish I could have rafted the gorge with them Monday afternoon.

We kayaked from Jim Thorpe to Lehighton today. The gauge was just under 9k and slowly dropping. It was a bad idea... It would have almost been impossible to safely get out if you ended up swimming. But it was fun!

Took a ride after trap shooting last night to see what the water was like. Unbelievable there was a guy "fishing" at the Tannery Bridge. As I was standing on the bridge, the rushing water below was taking by breath away.

Some folks have more balls than brains.

Back