Travel Luggage

F

Flydog

Can any one give me some suggestions for travel luggage? I am looking for a bag that holds cloths and a four piece rod. I have a good wader / boot bag, so wet / dry area is not important. Needs to be airline approved with rollers. Simms has a couple of nice bags....but big bucks.

I think any large, hard bottomed, rolling duffel would work as long as its long enough to lay a couple 30 travel rod tubes in the bottom. I think I saw some less expensive ones in the llbean catalog. I'm sure they'd be on their site. Last time I went out west. I have 2 checked bags. One had my clothes and one had my fishing gear. As long as I only lost one I would be ok. I wouldn't put both in one bag. If you lose that one you have nothing. Both made it just fine actually. And the gear bag was long enough to hold several 2pc 9ft rods, reels waders and boots.

check cabela`s one thing to keep in mind i was flying northwest i had a large duffle bag that i was checking in and the gate agent pulled out a tape measure and measured my bag and told me that it was over size he said that the TOTAL bags in inches couldn`t be more than 62 inches and he said he could charge me an extra 50 bucks, after a quick argument he didn`t,but i did look on the back of the boading pass and it did say that 62 in was the max anything over was considerd over size, but it only happend one time , maybe he was having a bad day,and i have flown plenty after that with no problem....just something to think about

try Dan Bailey's. Very good bags at very good prices.

I use a plain American Tourister large bag. My 9' & tube fits crosswise top to bottom. Actually carry 4 rods in 2 tubes.

I have this:

Cabelas bag

But I bought it when it was on sale for $100 last year. I wouldn't pay $180 for it.

Back