Too Many Forums or Not Enough?

JackM

JackM

Staff member
Now that we have had some time to live them and solely for Dave to consider if he wishes, do you:

I went with too many. Not sure which can be combined, but perhaps eliminate tips and tricks and combine it with General or add it to Gear Talk.... *shrug*

I agree jack. Tips and tricks seems underutilized, and many of the posts there could go elsewhere.

I would say stream locations and reports could combine, but that probably goes against dave's visions for reports. If that's the case, I completely understand... just throwing it out there.

I think we should just re-arrange them to confuse the old farts.....Just kidding.

Seriously, I recall the Tips and Tricks was a forum designed to collect a series of interesting and useful tips to build into a static page on the site. ON the original site there was a tips page...it was to expand on that.

In the vane of message boards n the internet, I think the number of forums is perfect and the titling is appropriate. I say leave it be.

Don't like the options. Create a poll to see what would be the best possible "top 6" questions to help decide what would be best.

Okay- had to look at the list again.

Announcements is a cluster- too hard to look at.

Put Conservation in General.

A shorter list will be better.

Centerpinning should have it's own thread. hehehe

I enjoy a sense of humor.

Talk about a deadass forum. THis is the least viewed forum on the site. Not a place for asking a question like this for sure....

Combine Tips and Tricks with Gear and call the new forum Tackle and Techniques. Combine Conservation with Stream Locations and call the new forum Stream Discussions and Conservation.

Leave it.

I voted for leaving it the way it is!

That old saying, can't remember just how it go's ....something about if it don't need fixin........!

PaulG

I like the semi-new format of all the forums. I voted to keep it the same. I look at most of them pretty often, but it sometimes gets in the way to switch forums all the time. I like the stream locations and stream reports separate as dave has talked about only forum members being able to see the reports. The above statements about combining some forums are good ideas, but I like different forums for different subjects. Def better than the few we used to have.

Keep up the good work Dave!

I say leave it be :)

combine them all into one for all I care!

When I get on the site I have to look into each forum topic anyhow if I want to see everthing. I don't have hi-speed so it takes time to switch to all the stinkin topics just to see if there's anything new.

I voted to leave it as is also
Why mess with a good thing?

Leave it as is but welcome pictures to the General Forum

I'm inclined to say leave it be.
Perhaps another forum like Out of State could be added for folks wanting to discuss FFing related topics from outside PA. Currently, folks are posting reports about the Salmon River in NY, the Jersey Shore, The Savage in MD, or their trip out West under Stream Reports or the General Forum. This is fine but perhaps another forum would be a refinement to those preferring to search only reports involving waters in PA. Minor detail to be sure.
Keep up the good work Dave (as usual). The site is great

Salt water, out of state reports, and a forum dedicated for guys looking for a partner/ride/etc.

Sure, salt posts goto warmwater, but should they? Much of our sw discussins are Jersey shore, and that's technically cold sw fshing.

Reports... Yes, this is PA fly fishing, but of course there's a home for other states (and salt). It would be easier to find the less numerous out of state reports, as well as preserve the stream reports forum as a long term repository of PA-centric knowledge.

Finally, a forum to find fishing partners. Yes, people currently use the Stream Lcations forum, but it's not really appropriate. It's a great forum idea, it encourages new signups and partcipation, but most of all it encourages a sense of community for the site as a whole.

I don't look in this forum much so did not see this until after I sent Dave a PM suggesting an out of state stream report forum. As I stated to him, i fish out of PA a lot, andthought it might be useful to those looking for info without filling up the PA stream report section.
Also, on the off topic forum can Little J have his own section to give others a break?

Back