Time for the eternal question:

I had a great Christmas with my family. My wife Mary Ann got me a Sage 590 moderate action rod blank. I will be building that bad buy soon. Mary Ann's family is coming today for a visit. It will be a good time.

GenCon

The_Sasquatch wrote:

And she got me a crystal whiskey glass from the Czech Republic, which is also not specific to FFing but will be used for many post-FFing Islays.

Would you post a a pic of the glass, I'm interested in seeing it
John

No FF gear for me, there's nothing I really need, probably have too much.

Lots of fun watching kids and grandkids with their gifts though...

John

Really nice book: Tying Catskill-Style Dry Flies

6.jpeg

Fillet knife and board...been letting a lot of $$ swim away.

I got my 2015 license, but no other fly fishing gear which was a first. What I did get was permission to fish half of each day this weekend, including Christmas Day, which is better than gear. I wasn't foolish enough to take the bait and attempt leaving her with the kids all day on Christmas, but I did get out yesterday and after assembling a pile of gifts, I am heading out right now.

Reeder wrote:
I got my 2015 license, ...

That must have been either an inexpensive gift or a lot of money for a weeks worth of fishing. :cool:

A pre-owned Simms G3 Wading jacket.

I got a rainbow trout oven mit...you know you have all u need when you start getting this mind of stuff.

Fortunately I have a birthday coming up in January. My wife is buying a Fenwick FF755 in "as new" condition. Warranty card and all. My "Holy Grail" vintage Fenwick glass rod.

That must have been either an inexpensive gift or a lot of money for a weeks worth of fishing.

Haha yeah and a lot of illegal fishing over the last year.

salmonoid wrote:
I got a day on the water on Christmas Eve and a morning on the water Christmas After.

This is what I got too. I ordered a clearance Simms jacket and hip bag yesterday with Christmas money and gift cards if that counts.

My girlfriend's parents got me a 50$ Orvis gift card and my girlfriend got me a Montana Fly Company flask. I found a used LLBean Streamlight on here and purchased it as a Christmas present for myself.

My dear wife got me a Hatch Finatic 5 plus and extra spool for my six weight. I'm a lucky man.

My youngest daughter gets my license for me each year. She always tries to find a different way to give to to me. A couple of years ago she used my fishing rod grill lighter ( we ALL have one, right?) and attached line to it and I had to run around the house reeling in my gift. this year, she made an Oragami fish with the money for the license. I also got some FF ornaments from my oldest.

Gift Cards. I need to stare selling off my excess. GG

Back