Time for the eternal question:

djs12354

djs12354

What Fly-Fishing gear did you score for Christmas?

Joy got me LL Bean's Waterfowl Pro boot foot waders for winter fishing, an Orvis Access Switch Line, a lighted magnifier for my tying bench and a tippet threader. (Joy doesn't fully understand my fly fishing obsession, but she feeds it! :) )

Niece and her husband gave me two old Shakespere fiberglass rods with reels and a quantity of flies and miscellany that had been his and his grandfathers. Looking forward to sitting down and going through the boxes and discovering what is there.

Soooooo, how did you do?

Like the Priest I got Nun.

This year I received Simms wader pants, new Cheeky fly reel, Cabelas 10ft CZN rod and a new waterproof camera. Also flyshop gift certificates. Very happy.

I made it abundantly clear that buying me ff equipment is a bad idea since Iam very particular about my preferences. I also made it clear that I require/ need nothing because I had all I needed for Xmas. There is a lot of love in this house which is all I wanted for Christmas. It was also good to watch the kids give away a ton of their old toys to kids with little before Xmas. Present wise all I got was a tool and sublime shirt and that was too much. The kids had a great Christmas and it was a blast watching them open all the gifts.

My cup is certainly full and over flowing.

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
I made it abundantly clear that buying me ff equipment is a bad idea since Iam very particular about my preferences. I also made it clear that I require/ need nothing because I had all I needed for Xmas. There is a lot of love in this house which is all I wanted for Christmas. It was also good to watch the kids give away a ton of their old toys to kids with little before Xmas. Present wise all I got was a tool and sublime shirt and that was too much. The kids had a great Christmas and it was a blast watching them open all the gifts.

My cup is certainly full and over flowing.

Sounds to me like you had a good Christmas indeed!!!!

I also don't like excessive "stuff". But I did get a Winston ballcap that I had my eye on haha

Relatively light FFing year, not a bad thing though. Ate plenty of Christmas ham and green been casserole, and good times with family and friends.

Bean Streamlight Ultra reel to replace an Orvis Battenkill I sold this past year. The Battenkill, while very fashionable and a good Brookie reel, was functionally too small of an arbor on larger waters as my "flagship reel." The Bean should work nicely in that role.

Pair of Cabelas under the waders quick dry pants.

A few big mouse/frog type flies for night time antics with salmonoid in the middle of nowhere in 2016.

Damn pic link won't work...

Nobody in my family knows anything about FF, but my wife gave me permission to order a Cabela's CGR 2wt. Arrived Christmas Eve.

Had four of the five kids here, our two grandsons and then my mom was able to make it here too this year. A lot of people for our little house. Also got Cabelas gift card, some fly tying equipment and beer. I could ask for any more.

I got a $100.00 Orvis gift card and a. $50.00 Bass Pro card from my daughters

Right now I don't need any more FF gear, but I got a new music room, with a space for my fly tying stuff.

Chaz wrote:
Right now I don't need any more FF gear, but I got a new music room, with a space for my fly tying stuff.

Sounds pretty sweet to me. (Pun wasnot intentional, btw)

Fly gear for Christmas? Zippo. But I just found a rod in the closet that I didn't know I still had. Merry Christmas to me. LOL.

My son got me a pair of Cocoon OverRX amber lens sunglasses.

I got a day on the water on Christmas Eve and a morning on the water Christmas After.

A TV and DVD player for my man-cave (as my wife calls it) and 2 Cabela's sale-priced glass rods. Just stuff; family together was far more important.

I was very fortunate to get the orvis hydros reel and spare spool (on sale totaled less than the reel at normal price) and two rio lines to go with the reel that I will use for my 4 weight. I also scored a sweet LL bean rain jacket for fishing

3wt CGR from my parents, who know enough about FFing (well, my dad does at least) to know I've wanted a short 3wt glass rod for a few years now to fill in a hole in my arsenal.

My wife got me an Original Wooodsman's Pal, which is not specifically for FFing, but will serve many purposes and will certainly come in handy in the woods (but also chores at home and up at camp...)

And she got me a crystal whiskey glass from the Czech Republic, which is also not specific to FFing but will be used for many post-FFing Islays.

My wife (actually me) ordered kast steelhead gloves on Christmas eve, not that I need them yet with the weather.

Back