Threads in Beginner Forum

F

Fishidiot

Just a friendly reminder that the Beginner's Forum was conceived as a place where beginning fly fishers could ask questions. Many recent threads here are tutorials or advice. While the intentions of the individuals starting these threads are commendable. . .please keep in mind that this particular forum is for threads that begin with questions from beginners, not advice or tutorials from old hands. Please save the advice and tutorials for answers to beginner's questions (or use a forum such as General or Tips and Tricks for these threads).

Not a big deal, just trying to keep the Beginner's Forum on the right tracks.
Thanks,
DaveW

That's the way I understand it. We have been lax on enforcement of this distinction, but it would be good if posters are aware of these restrictions. I think a question from a poster is legit even if they aren't a beginner, if there is general applicability to beginning anglers. That's the more difficult line to draw.

Hah hah. Picture of Nelson

My apologies. I feel like Nelson is pointing at me (I guess, 'cause he is.) :oops:

A lot of good intended posts, but this forum is for new fly fishing anglers to post questions and get answers only!!

I see my post is gone so.., guessing that I'm the culprit. Good intentions but outside the guidelines I suppose. My bad.

So at how many years of flyfishing will a person be considered a beginner?

I will take the Hillary Oath....I didn't text anything!

Don't think there's an answer to that Penny. For instance, I have been trout fishing PA for close to 30 years, 15 of which has been with fly gear. Yet, if I were to go chase stripers at the Jersey shore, I am most certainly a "beginner". Likewise, I would consider myself a "beginner" at the tying vice as well. Everyone is a beginner at something.

I guess the point is that this forum is a place to ask questions, nomatter how simple. And for others to answer.

If, on the other hand, if nobody asked a question but you want to give advice on something you picked up, take it to the tips & tricks forum.

Back