This is why?

F

Floggingtrout

Have seen this misrepresentation in a few pa news outlets. May be why people are out in streams that are stocked.

License sales up: Sales of fishing licenses are up 10%, primarily online, compared to the same time last year.

Before opening day, anglers have to release any trout that they catch promptly and, ideally, without injury.

The way that this is presented suggests that both the second and third paragraphs are misrepresentations. Is that the case or are you just referring to the third paragraph? Clearly the the third paragraph is wrong, but without having previously seen anything pertaining to the topic of the second paragraph, I could believe that license sales are up based on past experiences. When employment drops, sales seem to always go up and more people are out fishing.

OK, found an article where it stated that license sales were up 10% from this time last year. I believe the article because the writer interviewed the proper person from the PFBC.

Mike---It's the part about keeping trout that is confusing. As written any normal person would think it means you can fish anywhere now.

https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/sports/outdoors/2020/04/04/opening-day-pennsylvania-trout-season-tentatively-set-april-18/2947185001/

I can easily see why people would be confused about fishing.

You state “As written any normal person would think it means you can fish anywhere now.” I would not think so as the headlines state “Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission tentatively going ahead with April 18 trout opener.”

Got it. I don’t know what happened there, but I am pretty sure that the person being interviewed did not intend to make it sound as though it is ok to fish STW’s prior to opening day except for special reg areas.

I could hAve had a pre bias before reading the article as i had prior red New Jersey opened up all waters to catch and release

by Mike on 2020/4/5 14:38:34

Got it. I don’t know what happened there, but I am pretty sure that the person being interviewed did not intend to make it sound as though it is ok to fish STW’s prior to opening day except for special reg areas.

But now with the "order" that no stocked trout streams may be fished, even the Special Reg's waters (lakes\streams) are off limits.

At least....that's what my understanding is.

Check the PFBC news release placed in at least two threads here and available on its web site.

FWIW...I called the PFBC this am and ask about fishing in the DHALO waters. He said we are allowed to fish those as they are "Special Regs" waters.

Then I ask about the bulletin that stated "No fishing in any trout stocked waters" to which he said....yes...that's confusing. Even tho the DHALO waters are stocked with trout......they don't "count."

IOW....only the "meat" waters count.

So yes you can fish them, no you can't go there? Referring back to the $200 fine for driving...

Back