This is why...

Acristickid

Acristickid

cause today was a day to extol in the fine art of winter dry fly fishing. The best I ever experienced in February.

Everything you think to encompass the experience , peace and quite , numerous rises for hours to mayflies, perfect conditions- no wind completely overcast and high about 50 for February and no anglers in sight.

Many larger than average trout taking olives without prejudice.

Get out and follow the art!!!! May you be blessed and thankful.

If you know where....shhhhh

WjC8gw9.mp4

I saw quite a few rises Sunday...almost enough to make me switch. The one that was really coming up I floated my nymphs over and caught it or at least caught a fish in that spot and that was the end of any fish rising consistently. I did see sporadic risers throughout the afternoon and this was in an area where I seldom see fish coming up. Glad you got to hit it right because there isn't much more fun then getting them on top!

No doubt!!!!

Great day- got love hatches and rises.

jTZMxqP.mp4

Can't open them? Help. GG

I had a blast 2 weeks ago swinging size 20 soft hackles to fish breaking on emerging midges. It was a fish every cast for a little bit! They refused dries, but went nuts for the soft hackle swing, so not exactly dry fly fishing, but pretty close!

Awesome to experience so much surface activity in February!!!

Today would have been a great day if it wasn't for yesterday and one day last week- still very good though. More dry fly action. Shoulda been here yesterday.

bKOd98U.jpg

Back