This forum lost a very nice person

krayfish2

krayfish2

I've just been made aware of the passing of CathyG. I've had the pleasure of floating with her twice and chatting several other times.

You don't see many women that are as gung ho about fishing as she was. She could handle her gear quite well. She was also extremely generous in helping out a lot of people on this forum by giving her gear away.

Very sad to find this out. If you never had the pleasure of meeting her or fishing with her, that was your loss. She was good people.

So sorry to hear that!
Even though I never met her, she seemed like a very nice person for sure

I, too, am sorry to hear this. From her posts on here, she appeared to be a wonderful person and enthusiastic fly-fisherwoman.

Very sad news - condolences to her family and those who new her.
She was a long-time poster and eager to help newbies interested in the Lackawanna.

Sorry to hear that.

I'm very sad to here of her passing. I met her a few times and she was a great person, very generous and helpful to everyone and anyone and really loved fly-fishing. My condolences to her family and friends.

CathyG was just such a nice person to be around. She was always so kind, knowledgeable, and giving. She loved the Lackawanna and caught some great fish from it. She lived a very caring life and was always friendly to those who wanted to learn the sport of fly fishing. My condolences go out to her family.

Reactions: RRR
Very saddened to see Cathy's obit in the paper the other day. I met Cathy when I purchased some items from her and she was just a great person. I regret never fishing with her, but enjoyed talking with her.
RIP Cathy!

Very saddened to see Cathy's obit in the paper the other day. I met Cathy when I purchased some items from her and she was just a great person. I regret never fishing with her, but enjoyed talking with her.
RIP Cathy!
Yes, I purchased gear from her too. She was always so generous with what she sold and always adding in some extra items. Just a nice lady who will be missed.

^^ Agree ^^ +1

Met her twice to buy gear. Always fair if not too fair with her prices. Liked to talk during the transaction about her driving tractor trailer and fishing. Hope her family can read the nice words on this forum.

Kray: Was she the lady that fished with you, Moon and me on the east branch a few years ago? If so, very sad and I agree with all of the above. RIP, CathyG.

Here's a link that, I think, doesn't have a pay wall: CathyG Obituary

My condolences to her family. I believe I met her 1 time, but it was enough to impress. She will be missed.

Very Sad always read her posts , my condolences

Oh this is a shame. I haven't seen her post in quite some time, but remember she was fairly active back "in the old days".

Oh my so sorry to hear about this. She had not posted a lot over the past few years but was regularly on the site especially over the last month. Very sad news.

I only knew her from her posts here and on a Poconos fly fishing group. From the little I knew she seemed very generous, knowledgable, and willing to help. My condolences to her family.

Godspeed Cathy.

Very sorry to here this- she was a very kind-hearted person and a knowledgeable angler. May she rest easy…

This is sad news. Thanks for posting this Kray. I once bought a nice six wt from her for a great price and had the pleasure of a walk and talk along a river (I think the little Lehigh) she was a kind soul and while I only met her once considered her a friend.

Rest In Peace Miss G.😢🎣

Back