Thinking of buying a raft

hey everyone.

So I have had some big changes in responsibilities over the past year and my ability to travel around the country has been limited to short weekend or day trips. I am considering getting a raft for fly fishing in PA. I guess I more just wanted to ask if this makes sense. I know we don’t have much in the way of floatable water, but I could be wrong. I was looking to get a Flycraft because I have heard great things about it. I live in Conshohocken and have the Schuykill down the street and would love take fish it for small mouth. Any input would be greatly appreciated I just want to make sure I am not dumping a bunch of money. I drive all over to wade fish I think floating a river or lake could really add to the experience.
I have one i would sell

Attachments

• IMG_5585.png
    IMG_5585.png
    609.1 KB · Views: 44
I dated a girl that was into fly fishing once; she loved to nymph.
I showed her how to dry fly fish and throw a streamer. We had some great adventures,
but she didn't care for smallies or understand the appeal of musky
She loved to nymph
She became an ex for a reason

^VERY high standards here. Your name suits you. I dated a girl (biological female to clarify, it is 2023). She didn't understand why I needed to spend half my monthly earnings on fishing gear. We parted shortly after she didn't know what a Tibor Signature was...

I don't own a boat (I should but I'm broke) so I have no advice on what boat to get or if it is worth buying a raft. I will however say that you should probably avoid floating the Skook unless catching 8 inch smallmouth bass and redbreasts excites you. I will however float it with you and row and gladly catch those small smallmouth and redbreasts.
I wouldn't say you should, but maybe you should. I own 4 and rarely use them, but I use my canoe more than my job boat and my 2 kayaks.

For what you'd pay for a fly craft, you would be way more comfortable in one of these....
Downside, you'll need a trailer. These won't fit in the truck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230622-191539~2.png
    Screenshot_20230622-191539~2.png
    284.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20230622-191251~2.png
    Screenshot_20230622-191251~2.png
    272.4 KB · Views: 52
For what you'd pay for a fly craft, you would be way more comfortable in one of these....
Another 2 person option is the Outcast Striker. There are some pros and cons of that boat compared to the Slipstream, and one pro is that you don’t need a trailer for it.

For a 2 person raft I’d also consider Catchercraft rafts in the mix.

Another 2 person option is the Outcast Striker. There are some pros and cons of that boat compared to the Slipstream, and one pro is that you don’t need a trailer for it.

For a 2 person raft I’d also consider Catchercraft rafts in the mix.
Dear mt flyfisher,

Had I known about Catchercraft I'd have NEVER bought 2 kayaks and a trailer! At least now I know, and I sent them a message to talk about doing something else!

Thank you,

Tim Murphy :)

I hope these are comfortable. Mine is supposed to be here today or tommorow after waiting a very long time for it.

Back