The Upcoming Fly Fishing Show's 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ed, the car salesman: I'll get to the bottom of this. Davenport!

Davenport: Yes, Mr. Ed.

Ed, the car salesman: Mr. Griswold ordered a blue sports wagon, where is it?

Davenport: I don't know sir.

Ed, the car salesman: I know what must have happened. It didn't come in.

Clark Griswald: Ed, I'm not your average everyday fool. Now I want my blue sports wagon and if you can't get it I'm gonna take my business elsewhere! Where's my old car?

Ed, the car salesman: I'm just as upset as you are, believe me.

Davenport! Get Mr. Griswald's car back and bring it back here! Now I can get you the wagon, there's not problem there. The problem is that it might take six weeks. Now, I owe it to myself to tell you that if you're taking the whole tribe cross-country, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster... You think you hate it now, wait 'til you drive it.

Clark Griswald: I don't want to drive it. I just want my old car back. I'm not falling for this. Let's go, Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveKile
For those new to the sport, every year in the winter is the time for many of the outdoor sporting shows and fly fishing is now exception. Chuck Furimsky has been running The Fly Fishing Show across the country for many years. The Somerset, NJ and more recent Lancaster, PA shows are regional favorites in January and March.

Last Years Somerset, NJ Show​

The Fly Fishing Show is one of my favorite events every winter, too. Certainly the opportunity to see all the gear, listening to some great speakers is awesome, but truly the best part of the show is meeting up with so many people I have known for years makes the trip special. You can't help but trip over members from Paflyfish while at the show.

Like many events there is a large exhibit area with everything fly fishing related that you can imagine: rods, reels, waders, boots, manufactures, fly shops, tying gear, trips and guides from all over the world.

Also in the exhibit hall is a section for celebrity fly tiers. Just an amazing array folks with vices out, fur and feathers flying and some incredible flies being tied.

There are host of authors and speakers to be found during the show. There are times to catchup with your favorite author during a book signing or catch them at a seminar. Favorites like Lefty Kreh, Joe Humphreys, George Daniel, Mike Heck, Ben Turpin, Eric Stroup, Dave Whitlock and plenty more.

If you looking for some new gear, wanting to improve your fly fishing skills or just anxious to see a lot of guys walk around with fleece jackets and ball caps this is the place and I wouldn't miss it.

There really is a lot going on at the shows. To check out more details here for the Somerset Show (Jan 25-27) and the Lancaster Show (Mar 2-3). You can buy tickets at the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back