The Run, Yellow Breeches Boiling Springs

Letort

Took a walk around Children’s Lake today and down by the run. The Run has been restricted waters as long as I can recall. But today, saw a sign that it is restricted to children and infirmed only. I looked on PAFB website and did not see that restriction listed.

Anyone know the history of when this occurred?

The sign was slightly upstream of the picnic table and bench and a sign for restricted tackle was slightly downstream.

Attachments

• IMG_4400.jpeg
    IMG_4400.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 76
Took a walk around Children’s Lake today and down by the run. The Run has been restricted waters as long as I can recall. But today, saw a sign that it is restricted to children and infirmed only. I looked on PAFB website and did not see that restriction listed.

Anyone know the history of when this occurred?

The sign was slightly upstream of the picnic table and bench and a sign for restricted tackle was slightly downstream.

Call the Southcentral Regional Law Enforcement Office for definitive info but...

In my experience, these areas are usually at spots with handicap access to a safe platform for casting.

For example there is a wooden platform with access on Section 8 (former Heritage Stretch) of the Little Lehigh Creek. It was, (I don't know if it still is) posted the same way. This platform is built so a person in a wheelchair could not inadvertently roll off into the creek.

It's been awhile since I last visited the Run and I don't recall anything like that UNLESS the FOOTBRIDGE which is in the vicinity you describe is being implied as the "accommodation for persons with disabilities and is in effect, the "platform."

There is no platform on either side of the creek, nor is the terrain particularly suitable for wheel chair, etc., at this time.

Footbridge as a platform does not seem feasible, as the height of the side rails would be above a seated person’s head, I believe.

There is no platform on either side of the creek, nor is the terrain particularly suitable for wheel chair, etc., at this time.

Footbridge as a platform does not seem feasible, as the height of the side rails would be above a seated person’s head, I believe.

I made a call to SC Regional Law Enforcement and they are going to call me back but I learned a few things in the process...

The signage is NOT related to persons with disabilities nor the designation: Accommodations for Persons with Disabilities in the Summary Booklet so a casting platform wouldn't necessarily be required or expected.

It is an area set aside primarily for children only, blind persons and others with severe & debilitating disabilities and is a special regulation area referred to as "Children and Special Populations." Those areas are NOT defined in the Summary Booklet but anyone can learn where they exist in a region by contacting that PFBC Regional Office.

In the case of the Run, the signage MAY have been intended as a seasonal thing and should have been removed by now, but hopefully I'll get all the info when the PFBC calls me back.

I will relay that info when and if received.

Last edited:
Interesting. Platform or no, does the "zone" extend beyond the area between the footbridge and the dam? I don't know how much brush was cleared, but the water below the footbridge (the V-dams) was only accessible by wading because of the brush and height of the banks.

Back