The Pink Pupa

M

mario66pens

IMG_0190.jpg

Heres a picture of the pink midge pupa that I tied up for my lady friend. She caught a 14in spring creek brownie on it! It aint easy getting a 21 year old girly girl to go out fly fishing!

Just getting mine into fly fishing too, I don't think she's patient enough haha but I guess we'll see

I remember when I talked my then 22 yr old girly girl into fly fishing, went great then we got married. Fishing for her? Not so much. Got a picture of it and all, you might have seen it on the tying desk Brian. Wild lookin pupa you got there, what size is it?

I think when a guy wants to get his wife/GF/significant other interested in fly fishing the most important thing, in her mind, is to catch some fish. Try setting her up with one of your nicer rods and reels and spending a few hours on the lawn showing her how to cast will go a long way towards sustaining her interest. Then try going to a stream that has recently been stocked and put her in a good pool with an indicator, a couple of nymphs, and your mentoring until she catches a couple trout. Years ago I had my wife take a day long seminar given by the lady who owned Yellow Breeches Oufitters. She had fun, learned about basic stuff, and then went out to the Run and caught a brown on a Green Weenie.

Then we booked a trip to a private central PA stream for a long weekend and she had a ball catching nice browns and rainbows on nymphs. The weekend included a guide so I chatted with him to spend time with my wife and make sure she had a good time and to just leave me to my own devices for the weekend. I caught a ton of 15" - 20" browns and rainbows and she got her taste of FFing.

Attachments

• Secret stream rainbow.jpg
    Secret stream rainbow.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 4
What happened was she did it cause we were dating, really has no interest in fishing at all. It was me all along! She did catch some small bass and some blue gills on small poppers, we were on the lower Gunpowder river. Way downstream of any trout. Nice pic of the wife's catch. This is the only pic I have it's a pic of a pic so might not be too clear.
Lorifishing_zps99d83736.jpg

"What happened was she did it cause we were dating,"

Well isn't that often the case? But she reeled you in didn't she?

LOL... Yes she did. She said she caught exactly what she was after. :-D

It's a sz 20, but I have to something she loves this weekend (so its a trade off) needless to say I'm not a fan of ballroom dancing.

can you dance with one of those double beer helmets on

Back