The night before fishing

I know what your saying Ryan I get like that.

tomgamber wrote:
I have trouble sleeping the first night anywhere. Camp, hotel, relatives' house...second night and after I'm fine but that first night is just rolling.

Same here.

If I could take my broken down recliner with me on trips, I'd be alright.;-)

FarmerDave wrote:

If I could take my broken down recliner with me on trips, I'd be alright.;-)

Life goals...

I have no problem passing o...uh...falling asleep at the jam.

Me too! Like others said, it is more so for when I’m taking a trip, going somewhere new, or going somewhere I haven’t been to in a long time, though it also happens if I haven’t been out in a week or two. I try to get out at least once on the weekend, though sometimes the ole lady “forgets” that I have to go fishing and we “have” to go do something ;)

When I was much younger (it's hard to remember back that far LOL)
I used to get so excited about Opening Day that I couldn't sleep either. I used to spend days getting all my stuff together and the night before make some sandwiches and re-check all my rods, lines, all the gear.

I still love to fish but have not been excited about OD for a long time. Much of it has to do with fishing mostly waters that are open all year so there is no OD. Also as I've gotten older I'm really fussy about the weather being just so. If the air temperature isn't at least 55 degree by noon and the water temperature 52 degrees for 2-3 days I won't even put my boots on. Typically I don't start fishing the Delaware system before May 01. However I will fish the Tully as soon as the water hits 52 and will fish Penns by mid April with the right conditions.

Back