the lackawanna

F

flyfish10

hi all, new to this website,

i was wondering if anyone knows whether the lackawanna is fishable or not (i.e. ice covered, high, muddy) any info would be appreciated, looking to head there next week with the warmer temps coming. also like all the fish and stream pics on here.

check the regulations on the fish and boat comm. web site. not sure if is closed till opening day.

i checked the web site. the river is stocked in both susquehana and lackawanna counties. there doesn't seems to be any special regulation sections in either county. so I believe it is closed untill opening day. check the stocking list for special regulations areas, they will be open to fishing with no harvest.

There IS a Trophy Trout Special Reg Section in Archibald and it is 5 miles long! Have fun although if we get the heavy rains they are predicting, it will be a raging torrent.

Little Black Stoneflies are a good bet there right now.

Visit A & G Outfitters in ****son City while you're up there. They can point you to some other streams if things are blown out.

We did not get alot of rain but it was very warm and I suspect that there was some run off. I live about 2 miles from that start of the special regs area. Driving to work this morning the river seemed a bit high but very fishable.

thanks for the info joe, hopefully the weather wil comply this coming week to try and fool some of those nice browns

Back