The Golden Furnace(swapfly14)

JohnnyUtah

JohnnyUtah

PC010124.jpg

This is the Golden Furnace. It is my tie for the holiday soft hackle swap. You can see the recipe and tutorial Here- The Golden Furnace soft hackle

Clever name for the Yellow-and-Grouse, its only been around for a hundred or so years. Glad you invented that.

C'mon....The grouse/partridge and yellow doesn't have a black head. This is clearly an entirely new pattern.

gfen wrote:
Clever name for the Yellow-and-Grouse, its only been around for a hundred or so years. Glad you invented that.
That is furnace hen saddle. It also is amber not yellow. Pearsall amber is the color of the the original partridge and orange. See the Partridge Have fun. Bye.

Actually, no its not. It might not be grouse (although it certainly appears to have its dark striations and brown tones) or it might simply be some other type of hen, one thing it is most assuredly not is "furnace," as furnace is a well defined term in fly fishing.

Furnace has no striations, it is simply a brown-red with a black center.

What you have there is simply a yellow and grouse with a black head (and an overdressed collar, but that's preference).

Call it what you will, though, if it helps you get through your day.

A black varnished head on a soft-hackle? I find this offensive.

Sure looks like Bhrama Hen to me.

Gfen. Click the link and then you can tell me how its yellow and not amber. Then you can see why also call it furnace.

gfen wrote:

No where did i say i invented this fly. I said its the fly i was tying for the swap. Which i did bail out of. :/ Gfen all you do is just try and pick me apart. Get a life. Go play your video games and roll play games.

gfen wrote:
Ramcatt wrote:
Didn't you leave?

-shrug-

Told yas.

Im not sticking around because I need it. I am staying because i was asked to by several people and I know that people appreciate my posting. You dont and thats fine. So leave your negativity in the ot.

I guess having 8 people break his stones here = more attention than having 4 people read his blog.

Shebop wrote:
I guess having 8 people break his stones here = more attention than having 4 people read his blog.

Hmmm which puppet master are you? I thought the mods posted about this. Hmmm well im sure you will be warned as your posting has nothing to do with the thread. Just sad that you havnt a clue what your talking about.

It has everything to do with the thread
You ensured us we would no longer had to deal with you

Are you not a man of your word?

I think, and I'm working from memory here so I may be wrong, but I thought the original color for the partridge and orange was Pearsalls #6A which is sometimes tagged "light orange" or "antique gold" depending on its origin.

I might have some at home. I'll check later.

I am a man of many words. I dont doubt that this thread will be removed as well. Seeing the "regulars" or trolls as they should be called ruined it.

Shebop wrote:

Coming from someone who has 100+ posts and none of them useful.

I'm not sure "useful" is what I've been aiming for, but thanks for reading them all anyhow.

Can't you all just agree to disagree and leave it at that. Each and every one of you has in the past contributed to this forum. I have utilized some of the tips that all of you have espoused.

I really would hate to leave this forum because of the infighting. It's almost like listening to both sides of congress.

Sorry for venting.

Utah, I like your tying style keep up the good work.

Stick around bra

Back