Thanks for having me

stroutman81

stroutman81

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks for having me. I didn't see a forum dedicated to member intros, so hopefully it's appropriate to post this here. I've been trying to register for this site for a long while. Each time I tried, new membership was closed. I'm stoked to finally get in! I was poking around. The community seems epic!

I'm Steve Troutman. Heavy emphasis on trout, haha. I'm in the SEPA region, where the water's currently warm and muddy. So. Much. Rain.

Anyhow, I look forward to learning a lot here as I evolve as a FFer.

Thanks!

IDK we don't need anymore trout guys are here . Welcome I guess :lol:

Welcome aboard. GG

Hey Steve, welcome aboard.
Troutman huh!? That's like the library detective from Seinfeld named Bookman.
I live just down the road from you in Limerick and fish the nearby streams (within an hour's drive) as often as life allows. So if ever you wanted to meet on some water to FF, send me a message.
Jim

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@giantsjim, I might just take you up on that at some point. I'm always looking for new people to fish with. What are your go to streams in the area?

I've been spending a lot of time on Hay Creek.

But French Creek literally runs through my property.

Welcome aboard! Such a lucky guy to have French run through your own backyard! I’m a SEPA guy too, looking to hit Valley all weekend. Maybe I’ll see some of you there.

My profession keeps me on the road a fair amount in eastern and central PA so I get to hit a bunch of different streams throughout the year. From home though, my go to waters would be Valley, the Tully, and the Little Lehigh: all common enough and easily accessible.
On the other hand, my favorite PA streams so far, would have to be Big Spring, Little J, and Spring Creek. I would include the Letort but man, that stream has me bedeviled...probably because I haven't been on it enough to solve my puzzle.

stroutman81,

Welcome aboard! Lots of nice guys here. No back biters or ball busters. My screen name on Google is Matt Troutman. You will find all the info relative to fly fishing and fly tying you could possibly want at the web site and Forum.

welcome!

I’m also a SE guy. Feel free to PM sometime if you ever wanna try and meet up.

The forum and community here is a great resource, and is usually full of laughs.

Back