THANK YOU!

Y

Yknot

It has been very refreshing to read all of the posts regarding the difficulties we newbies share in pursuit of our white whale, the elusive trout. I've been obsessed with this pursuit since opening day this season and have been frustrated on every attempt at Pocopson, White Clay, Valley and West Valley creeks. I've cursed the fish during moments when I forget why I'm doing this in the first place. There is certainly much more to fishing than catching, but man, am I ever eager to taste success!! Thanks for all the help from you veterans out there.

You're welcome Yknot.

We're glad that some of the old hands and FFing veterans on this sight have proven informative for you. This Beginner's forum was conceived by the owner of the site as a place where newbies to the sport can ask questions and seek guidance. So feel free to ask away (hint: specific questions get better answers).

Stick around Yknot (cool forum name, BTW) and enjoy your new passion and the support of your internet fishing buddies around here.
DW

I used to think I knew how to fly fish, even though I never caught anything.

But hey, that wasn't my fault, I knew what I was doing, the fish just never cooperated. Right? :oops:

Then I was fortunate enough to have a very experienced, and very patient, mentor stand beside me in a stream one day.

I learned more in that one day than I had "taught myself" in years. And, I started catching fish.

If you can spend some time on the water with a trusted friend, do it. And do it every chance you get.

Once you actually start catching fish, this crazy game REALLY gets fun! :-D

And..... welcome to the forum Yknot!

Enjoy the learning experience.

Back