Tent wings

gfen wrote:

Too much work.

Tie a Usual

Gink when wet.

Fish.

False cast are all thats needed with a usual tied the right way. Are you sure your using actual snowshoe??

gfen wrote:

Too much work.

Tie a Usual....
Gink when wet.

I thought Gink and snowshoe were a no no?

jdaddy wrote:
Someone on that site was whining about the adhesive failing and teabag dissolving. I guess they were using water based adhesive? Jeez.

Sound like he wasnt a good teabagger...... Sorry couldnt resist

Water based adhesives dont dissolve in water. (once dry)

As far as the tea bag falling and dissolving, it really would make a difference with what the tea bag was made of. Some are plastic, but some are organic materials.

wsender wrote:

Think outside the box. Why, thar's gosh durn more BS than a feed lot up in haer. Or something folksy and stupid like that.

Gink your snowshoe feet. I assure you, rabbits know all about cosmetics testing, and the souls of the rabbit whom gave up these feet would prefer it be smeared across their toes than Revlon lipstick in their eyes.

gfen wrote:
wsender wrote:

Think outside the box. Why, thar's gosh durn more BS than a feed lot up in haer. Or something folksy and stupid like that.

Gink your snowshoe feet. I assure you, rabbits know all about cosmetics testing, and the souls of the rabbit whom gave up these feet would prefer it be smeared across their toes than Revlon lipstick in their eyes.

You calling lefty stupid?? The whole thing here is that yes you can put gink on snowshoe, but doesnt require it.

Uh, oh, he called lefty stupid.

Also, with cdc underwing, squeeze it in a cloth if needed and blow, baby, blow. I sometimes blow on my fly as soon as I release the fish-- kinda like a spaghetti western hero after shooting the bad guy.

I was not kidding:

Attachments

• WaderPatchCaddis.jpg
    WaderPatchCaddis.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 3
Here is a how to on the tape wing
http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71845

JohnnyUtah wrote:

Water based adhesives dont dissolve in water. (once dry)

As far as the tea bag falling and dissolving, it really would make a difference with what the tea bag was made of. Some are plastic, but some are organic materials.

You know, I fully knew that and sat there and wrote it anyway. Then again I guess it depends on how it drys/cures. Certainly type I glue will dissolve in water when dried, thus the need for II and III.

Anyway, it looks good if it holds up imo.

jdaddy wrote:

Anyway, it looks good if it holds up imo.

I have had 20 plus on these and the wing was still in great shape, but i use packaging tape. The trouts teeth tore up the scotch tape ones i tied. If you use packaging tape be the cheaper the better, you dont want thick tape, as it will weigh your fly down.

this is one style I tie.

Attachments

• caddis 001.jpg
    caddis 001.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 2
  • caddis 003.jpg
    caddis 003.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 2
  • caddis 004.jpg
    caddis 004.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 4
Try the Henryville Special, a great patter andeasy to tie.

Given recent events in my life, I am no longer concerned with tying exact imitations! lol.

I settled on putting some glue on turkey feathers to harden and cutting wings from that. It worked well. I had heard of tape, but never tried it. If I can find some trout that require it out here, I'll give it a go.

Back