TCO hooks

• Thread starter flyfisherkshcrk
  • Start date
F

flyfisherkshcrk

Anyone use the TCO brand hooks? Who makes them? And how are the quality? Been looking and offbrand hooks and can't justify buying $6.99 Daiichi hooks.

They are decent for the money. Definitely better than some other hooks in that price range. I find certain styles, such as the caddis/scud hooks, to be easy to bend out of shape, but overall they are ok. They are pretty sharp too. With all that said, Daiichi is still superior and my go-to brand nowadays. Finer points, sharper, they spring back to shape better, and I also prefer the proportions of certain Diiachis. But I'm not going to discard the TCO hooks I have and in fact will probably get more for certain flies that I need to crank out a lot of. The price and selection definitely allows you to fill out your supply of hooks with sizes and styles you might otherwise not purchase if you had to pay retail Daiichi prices.

Kev

I tie a lot, can't afford top of the line hooks, so I use TCO's hooks. Most are OK, except the 200R. They bend easily.

PennKev wrote:
They are decent for the money. Definitely better than some other hooks in that price range. I find certain styles, such as the caddis/scud hooks, to be easy to bend out of shape, but overall they are ok.

My experience as well.

Back