Tarpon

GenCon

GenCon

So I will be leaving tomorrow morning for my annual fly tarpon trip. I have a couple new flys to try. Also I am bringing a new Rod. A 11wt. Orvis Helios.

Should be a fun time.

GenCon

Awesome. Good luck. Out of Islamorada? Who is your guide?

I have the same rod that I use for musky right now. I do plan to use it for Tarpon as well though.

Yes, I will be fishing out of Islamorada. I will be fishing with Robert Kline. His knowledge of the back country is mind boggling.

GenCon

Good luck Mike!

Post a report or some pics when ya get back.
DW

Dave_W wrote:
Good luck Mike!

Post a report or some pics when ya get back.
DW

Will do Dave

GenCon

Good luck to ya, Mike!

Can’t wait for the pics and some more of those great Tarpon stories.

Hope you have a safe and rewarding trip.

Thanks John

Best fishes John. Don’t be stingy with the report and pics.

May you get another paintable moment or two!

Wow, sorry guys. I am so late with this report. Just been crazy busy since I got back. Tarpon fishing was terrible. Bad weather, very few fish. The back country seemed void of fish. A tropical storm went through before I got there. Pushed the fish out of the back. Oceanside fish were there but very squirrely. They were there but would not eat.
I got 1 little fish about 50 lbs. No one was catching anything. I talked to a lot of anglers and guides. It was just bad. Oh well, it goes that way sometimes. I am looking forward to a better season next June.
I guess it cant be any worse.

GenConj

One little guy at 50 lbs? I classify that as a trophy. Nice job.

I know how the weather down there can change things drastically. It happen to me when I was down there this year too.

Back