swingers

sandfly

sandfly

Swingers for tomorrow;

Attachments

• 5-22-2011 asaph 002.jpg
    5-22-2011 asaph 002.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 10
Never used that type of wet fly so can't remark on how I did[well,okay-zilch/4nought but I always had some along with Catskill dries in my admire box.lol
Sure do look tempting.

I've had success with similar flies on small mountain streams. I cast into the riffle just above a pool and let it drift down into the pool. Often get aggressive fish in the head of the pool to take it. Some of my favorite flies.

I assume you intend to swing on a larger stream? What size are they? I use 16 most of the time.

sandy
Those are a different breed of swingers than you are used to LOL

Sandfly,
Great ties there, i love swinging never done it on a smaller stream , i have reserved this mothod for rivers and larger creeks,Delaware/Lehigh and Broadhead/Lil Lehigh/Bushkill {northampton county}.These will swing for sure.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

It appears a couple of your flies have purple bodies?

I used a lot of purple Flashabous-good color-swingers would fall in the baitfish category wouldn't they?
Like the man on the vid said no insect moves like that but maybe the peabrains figure its good to eat whatever it is.lol

I really like the Purple ones. I've been doing well with purple flies in all this muddy water as of late.

You can't go wrong with soft hackles

I sent this link to a bud of mine who like to swing wets. He tried to look at this thread at this work site. His company blocked the thread with a filter because "swingers" is a sexual reference. I found that to be extremely funny!!

jjsjigs wrote:
I sent this link to a bud of mine who like to swing wets. He tried to look at this thread at this work site. His company blocked the thread with a filter because "swingers" is a sexual reference. I found that to be extremely funny!!

One time I was trying o order some metal working equipment for work. The site kept getting blocked. I went home and pulled up the WEB page that was getting blocked. Turns out among the features for the mill was grease nipples on the bed to lubricate it!

Back