Susquehanna put in locations around harrisburg.

V

vwlandon

Hey all. Been lurking for a while but not much of a poster. Was wondering about somewhere I could put my kayak in around harrisburg that has decent smallmouth fishing. Not looking to take someone's special spot away but just want something that I can head to for a few hours after work. I just picked up an ascend fs128t and although it's not the nucanoe I wanted the price was very right on craigslist so I'm very excited to explore some new water. Thanks

There are several PFBC owned access sites along the west shore up along 11/15 and RT 15. These are among the best spots as much of this section of the west bank of the river has RR tracks that block access.

Fort Hunter or jump up 322 to Dauphin/Stoney Creek and there's a put in there that puts you in a nice spot.

Thanks guys. I've only floated the susquehanna once and it was almost 10 years ago. But we've got a job in mechanicsburg right now so I plan on driving my car with the boat on top to work one or 2 days next week and try to catch some fish

I think I heard from a reliable source that downstream of harrisburg near TMI was producing fish. Look for a public launch around there. Remember that public launches require tags on your boat.

A launch permit is fine isn't it? I have one of those on the boat. I don't have a motor on it.

Below is a link to the PFBC Google map for WW fishing. Zoom into the area of the Susky you are targeting and yellow triangles will appear, giving you a map of all boat launch and access areas. Click on the triangle to get with details for the access area. You can can zoom in and use the satellite images to check out the area and the river itself. Good luck.

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/wwcw.htm

tomitrout wrote:
Fort Hunter or jump up 322 to Dauphin/Stoney Creek and there's a put in there that puts you in a nice spot.

Thats where I used to go when I lived in Bethlehem before the Susquehanna's bass population crashed. I saw evidence the fishing is good again.

Remember the old PA Gazetteer? It shows lots of accesses. If you can park and easily walk to the water, it's a kayak launch, right?

The Marysville access is good too. It's in (duh) Marysville so that's on your side of the river, for convenience sake. Bridge is below. Dauphin Narrows above. Right around there, it was usually OK, but better up or down stream.

Syl

Back