Susquehanna at NePa?

G

guzfish

While the Susquehanna smallmouth population is suffering around central pa., how are conditions around the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area? Is it also showing signs of a diminished smallmouth population? I'll be in that area next week for a few days and was thinking about giving it a try. Had success there years ago, but no results in my only outing last year. Better to focus on Lackawanna R. trout instead? Any tips for that would be welcome. Thanks for any insight you can give.

Lackawanna River might be getting too warm for trout after last week's heat wave. A & G Outfitters in ****son City will be open tuesday and they might have current temps then.

As of early last week temps were still good, low 60s in early am.

Smallies run up the lower Lack this time of year. You might try that.

If I get out to take temps I'll let you know.

check your pm.

guzfish wrote:
how are conditions around the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area? Is it also showing signs of a diminished smallmouth population?

No.
SMBs are thriving in the North Branch and PFBC studies reveal good populations of multiple year classes. This isn't to say that you'll have a fifty fish day every day you visit. Last summer, we had the PAFF warm water jam at Pittston and an entire flotilla of good FFers were skunked even though the conditions were good.

The smallies are there, try fishing in the evening. I've been on it twice recently and have only seen 1 or 2 white flies so far.

Back