Sunglasses

While I can't disagree with everyone above - and I loved my Smiths with interchangeable lenses - the answer to your question is Armour Optix.

I lost my Smith's last year and on a subsequent shopping trip with the wife to Grove City Outlets I went into the "Totes-Sunglass World" store. They had a full line of Armour Optix (some polarized, some not) for around $30-40. I threw a pair on and looked at the Maui Jim sign meant to show what you're missing w/o polarized. Looked them over, read about their warranty, and said what the heck.

I gotta say I love them and now own 2 pair (smoke and brown lenses). Don't know that I'll ever drop $150 on a pair of shades again.

I got a pair of Keanon glasses recently, mostly on GulfGreyhound's recommendation. I got the Hard Kore model with yellow lenses. Fished with them for the first time Saturday in Erie, and I liked them a lot. They are definitely better than the $20 Wally-world glasses I usually use.

I prefer bronze colored lenses.

I usually like ones like these.
geekologie.jpg

That looks so comfortable.

I got a pair of Keanon glasses recently, mostly on GulfGreyhound's recommendation. I got the Hard Kore model with yellow lenses. Fished with them for the first time Saturday in Erie, and I liked them a lot. They are definitely better than the $20 Wally-world glasses I usually use.

Hey, I recommended them first! LOL! Seriously though, they are awesome. I have Rhino and Klemm. I see that Hard Kore can be had for a decent price on ebay, but I am not sure that the Hard Kore style would work so well for my fat face. The Rhino and Klemms are for fat faces.

Didn't mean to dis you jdaddy. I'm very happy with the Hard Kore on my own fat face...

Attachments

• AlbySteelKeanon.jpg
    AlbySteelKeanon.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 2
Hmmm. They are a good bit larger than I thought. Much better than I thought. I gotta get some copper lense glasses as I lost my last pair to the Atlantic Ocean.

jdaddy wrote
I gotta get some copper lense glasses as I lost my last pair to the Atlantic Ocean.

C12, C28, or C50? Is the polarization still fully effective with the C50 lens?

C12, C28, or C50? Is the polarization still fully effective with the C50 lens?

It is absolutely effective on the C50 lens. My Rhinos that the ocean ate were C50. Awesome. I am not sure why I had those on because I usually use those in low light situations, particularly when driving. I use G28 for bright light situations, like the beach, lol.

jdaddy wrote:

Hey, I recommended them first! LOL! Seriously though, they are awesome. I have Rhino and Klemm. I see that Hard Kore can be had for a decent price on ebay, but I am not sure that the Hard Kore style would work so well for my fat face. The Rhino and Klemms are for fat faces.

Ouch. Guess I have a fat face. I thought it was just a large head. Rhino's fit me fine.

Ok, large head/fat face whatever. I have both! LOL! Just advising that it is difficult to know how glasses will fit when buying them online. This is particularly problematic for fat face/big headed people (FF/BH). For example, I never would have thought the Hard Kore's would have worked for FF/BH.
I got my first pair of Kaenon a few years ago at a promotion at the Atlantic City Hilton. AC Hilton had a loss rebate thing going to promote high rollers to come in. They guaranteed losses in cash back up to $5,000. Wife and I both signed up for the program. We first played under my card and ran up a significant win. We then lost $5,000 under her card and true to their word, they rebated the money back. It was a once in a lifetime sure thing. Anyway, since we went down there and played so large they thought we were high rollers. They invited us to a thing where we could get sunglasses up to $350 each. Vendors were set up and did custom fittings, etc. I had never heard of Kaenon at the time. There was different table you could choose from based upon what tier they assigned you to. We were both on the high end table so it was between Kaenon and Maui Jim for me. I had heard of Maui Jim before, but could not find a pair that I liked. Ended up with the Rhinos and love them. I liked them so much I bought the Klemms (online via sale). The Rhinos fit is just awesome and you can attest to the amazing lens properties they have on their proprietary lenses. They are just awesome.

I have a pair of Costas I have for years, grey lens, kinda use those for salt and driving. I recently picked up some Orvis tri-spectrums when they were on sale in both rose for spring creeks and copper for freestone. Have played with each haven't really fished them yet, but have used them for scouting. They really cut glare alot better than my Costas.

BTW, here is mid-current review of new eyewear for 2011. Looks like Kaenon has some lower priced frames that have the SR-91 lenses.

http://www.midcurrent.com/index.php/category/flyfishinggear/eyewear/

Relevant.

Turns out most high end sunglasses are all made by the same manufacturer... that goes for oakley.

Back