Sulphur Comparadun

T

tctrout

Now that the sulphurs are in full swing, though nearly gone on some streams, I wanted to share one of my favorite patterns to fish during the hatch, the Sulphur Comparadun.

I'd love to hear what some of your favorites are, too, during this fun hatch!

TC

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P24qH9govCg[/youtube]

Good Video. I fish comparadun patterns, to include the sparkle duns, quite a bit. I also like the spectrumized Delaware River dubbing and have all the colors.
I like how the fly sits down in the film further than the standard hackle fly and its still really easy to see with the wing.

Sparkle duns have been working really well for me. Like them for BWOs too. Thanks to a thread on this site on how to tie them several years ago my ties have improved. They seem to work better than parachutes and easier for me to tie.

I did fairly well this year with sulphers on parachutes, and Catskill style ties. I also landed some nice trout on last chance cripples.

I have been doing ok I guess with this sulphur hatch. I am seeing decent activity right before dark, but being a newbie I am a little frustrated. I will try the one in the video, do you have any tying instructions for the others. I hope more Sulphur suggestions and recipes are posted.

Back