Sullivan County

You should have a good time. Sullivan Co. doesn’t get the attention its neighboring counties to the west do, but there’s some good wild Trout fishing there and a fair amount of public land, if you know where to look.

Let us know how you make out, but don’t tell us specifically where you were.

Last edited:
I spent four summers living in Sullivan Mon-Fri electrofishing for the unassessed waters program when the Marcellus Shale rush started. We surveyed A LOT of streams. Beautiful place and lots of public land. Send me a message if you want to discuss further.

Welcome aboard and good luck. GG

I've enjoyed brookie fishing in Sullivan County. The brookie fishing starts getting good around mid-May.

I spent four summers living in Sullivan Mon-Fri electrofishing for the unassessed waters program when the Marcellus Shale rush started. We surveyed A LOT of streams. Beautiful place and lots of public land. Send me a message if you want to discuss further.
I agree with you. Sullivan Co flies under the wild trout fishing radar pretty well and when it is mentioned, it’s the warm, stocked Loyalsock that gets the attention. There are some nice Class A’s that used to be stocked and some stocked streams also support wild trout populations. Of course there are a number of unstocked wild trout streams as well.

Last edited:
Welcome from a close neighbor in eastern Lycoming county. Good fishing all around you!

Welcome to the site from a born and bred central NYer. I've been tying flies for over 50 years and hosting fly swaps for the past 14 years. Feel free to check out one of my swaps on this site if you'd like. Weare always happy to meet a new member to swap with.

Either way, I do look forward to seeing your posts on the site.

Kim

I grew up in Red Rock. Spent my formative years in Ricketts Glen SP. Hunted Game lands 13 and fished at the now "gone" Mountain Springs Lake.
Always enjoyed myself in Sullivan County.

Attachments

• IMG_1389 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_1389 (Custom).jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Welcome

Back