success!!!

K

Kyloe

First of all, I want to thank the generous folks who donated their time to the Newbie Jamboree last Sat. As one just entering this most intriguing sport, lessons learned at these get-togethers are invaluable.

Having the grand total of one on-water fishing experiences, the day on the LL was not to be forgotten...because I caught my first trout. Granted it was a smallish brookie but it was mine, caught fair & square on a dry fly. We photographed it, named him Ralph and released him to become the future legend of the LL.

In this very short period, I have come to realize that this sport can never be truly mastered nor over appreciated. So, along with you, I will begin my journey seeking those quiet pools and hiding spots where the BIG one still waits.

Waiting for this first posting form Tom!

The Heritage Angler was kind enough to give Tom casting lessons and Tom has been devouring various forms of media, learning all he can about Fly-Fishing.

It's been killing me, waiting for Tom to catch his "First Fish" and make his posting about it.

I was sitting on a large concrete block, re-tying a fly to new tippet, when Tom quietly said, "Hey Dave". I looked up to see him smiling hugely, with his rod bent in a wonderful arc.

He was working the fish like an old timer as I got up and unlimbered the net. Two minutes later Ralph was in hand and photographed for posterity.

HA - We've unleashed the "Cerebral Angler" on the streams. Trout will never be safe.

On the drive home, Tom asked if I could photo shop the picture to improve the size of his fish. I tried to oblige, but......

Attachments

• Tom_Photoshopped.jpg
    Tom_Photoshopped.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 6
  • T_Daschke_First_Fish2_03242012.jpg
    T_Daschke_First_Fish2_03242012.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 4
Kyloe wrote
In this very short period, I have come to realize that this sport can never be truly mastered nor over appreciated.

Amen!

Excellent!

(Now you can joins us fools in our twelve step program for hopeless addicts. :))

djs12354 wrote:
HA - We've unleashed the "Cerebral Angler" on the streams. Trout will never be safe.

No kidding! I couldn't believe the questions he was asking his first time out with a fly rod. This boy is gonna be scary good!

Congratulations Tom!

I withheld your picture from the slideshow while we waited for your post. I added it, but the link only shows the original set of pictures. Here's a link to the updated version.

H.A.

Kyloe,

What a great post.. you can really read the excitement..

And I am really sorry for you.. for now you are truly hooked.. No pun intended..

Congratulations.. please post the pic..

Tom, congrats, just sorry I wasn't there to see it! Don't worry Dave's first fish wasn't much bigger and HA did photo shop the size.

Fishidiot wrote:
Excellent!

(Now you can joins us fools in our twelve step program for hopeless addicts. :))

I've never gotten past step 1.

1. Admit you have a problem.

Thanks H. A. for posting the pic. Was out scouting new water in Wayne Cnty today and almost got blown over the cliff. Beware of March winds!

Cold, Fox. Just cold.....

That First Fish of mine could have been a chub and I would have been excited......Hell, my heart starts beating faster when I get snagged!

Foxgap239 wrote:
Tom, congrats, just sorry I wasn't there to see it! Don't worry Dave's first fish wasn't much bigger and HA did photo shop the size.

ryguyfi wrote:
Fishidiot wrote:
Excellent!

I've never gotten past step 1.

1. Admit you have a problem.

2. Like it.

Awesome!! Welcome to an awesome group of guys!

Back