Stuck Stocking Foot Wader Booties

just_jon

just_jon

Does anyone have a trick for removing stuck booties? I struggle like crazy getting out of the neoprene booties regardless of brand.

On the Amazon web site search WETSOX 1MM. I was having the same trouble with a new pair of Patagonia waders i bought last year. These helped a lot, and i wore them pretty often and no sign of wear at all. They also help in the cold water with staying warm! I just wear a pair of merino wool socks under them and all is good.

I have the same problem, although it seem to only be with Simm's waders. I find that if I put a plastic grocery bag over each foot before pulling on the waders my feet will come out a lot more easily when I go to take them off.

You mean literally getting your foot out of the bootie when taking them off?

If so, I suspect your booties are too small. They may not seem like it when dry, but get them wet, and you get a little sweaty inside them, and they'll almost suction to you.

I've had various pairs where the booties have been more snug than others, and had more difficulty getting them off...One pair of closeout William Joseph's sticks in my memory...I think they acknowledged an issue with bootie size on that model and I got them on a significant discount online and rolled the dice. Yeah, the booties were too small and difficult to get off, though in general they were a good pair of waders. Got 2+ years leak free from them.

FWIW, the LLBeans I've had have had consistently roomier booties. (They're cut roomier all around for a given size, which I like...more airflow around you, makes you sweat in them less.) I've had to watch the wading boot size to pair them with and go a size bigger at times, but from a comfort perspective they're better, and the booties slide on and off easily. I tend to keep a nice pair of Beans as my flagship pair for bigger water and wading deeper, and then rotate out a disposable $100 or less beater pair for small stream brush busting fishing.

Try looking for bigger booties on your next pair, or order a size larger since the bootie size generally runs proportionally to the overall size of the wader. A little too big is better than a little too small when it comes to waders IMO, so I always error on the bigger size when I'm not sure.

redietz wrote:
I have the same problem, although it seem to only be with Simm's waders. I find that if I put a plastic grocery bag over each foot before pulling on the waders my feet will come out a lot more easily when I go to take them off.

$600 dollar plus waders and you gotta put grocery bags on your feet? :lol:

NewSal wrote:

$600 dollar plus waders and you gotta put grocery bags on your feet? :lol:

I have big feet! I have trouble getting into size 14 Korkers. (And my Simms waders were more like $300 -- and have lasted 10 years.)

Thanks guys. I’ll try the grocery bags tomorrow and report back. They always did the trick when I wore Tingley rubber boots back in the day.

Grocery bags did the trick. Look less a minute to get the waders off.

Thanks for the grocery bag tip. My barges, er feet, are 13 4E and it is always a struggle.

Back