Streams near Telford,Pa

Yotrout

Yotrout

I am moving to Telford next week and was wondering if anyone knows of any good spots? Thanks ahead.

Below is a link to the trout stream map from the PFBC. It shows every type of wild trout and stocked stream along with public land boundaries to give you many ideas about where to fish around home as well as around the state.

Trout Stream Map

I forgot all about that map. Haven’t looked at it in years since I was only close to one stream before. Thanks for the link and the reminder.

Telford: stocked trout in E Br Perkiomen, Unami, Perkiomen Cks; SMB in lower Perkiomen,lower Unami, lower E Br Perkiomen; pickerel in Ridge Valley Ck; wild Browns...class A in Upper Perkiomen Ck and upper W Br Perkiomen Ck; catfish in Greenlane Res and Nockamixon Lake...likewise for Largemouths...plus Deep Ck Dm.; striped bass in Nockamixon...likewise for great population of Muskellunge.

If you like scenery and great physical habitat to go along with stocked trout, then hit the gorge on Tohickon Ck, Bucks Co from the Tohickon Valley county park upstream to the lower end of Ralph Stover State Park. The stream usually gets warm by Memorial Day, so fish it early.
Also,stocked in Point Pleasant, so you can fish for trout and Am Shad or SMB in the same day.

@Mike, when you mention pickerel in Ridge Valley Creek, do you mean the actual creek or the pond/lake I see on google in that area. thanks.

In the creek, but they could be in any impoundment built on the creek as well. I understand that there is a large pond or small lake somewhere along the creek, but I have not seen it. It is in a park, but I don't know if it is open to all or just township residents, and I don't know if it impounds part of the creek or was build on a tributary. My lack of knowledge has directly to do with the fact that at least at one time it was only open to township residents according to my contacts at that time. We don't involve ourselves with such lakes.

Back