Streamer Swap

I'll do it. Shenk's minnow.

Bruno, I'll be tying my famous Jiggy Bunny hehehe maybe you know it by some other name , but it is a great fly, has caught everything form trout to baby tarpon, including carp, large mouths, Alligator Gar, channel catfish and others hehehe

Alright - Here is the final list. We got ten. Not bad. I will be emailing directions out tonight.

jerseygeorge
flyfishermanj
"HBGMarine
Fredrick
ErnieBall
wayne32pa
David
Xavier_Molina
Bruno
Jayl

Guys- Was in Oregon this weekend for both trout and Steelhead. In a flyshop in Eugene I found the following fly, which is a Bordens Magnum Roach. It is designed by Robert Borden, who runs Hareline, a company we have all done business with I am sure.

For browns there are times I like to throw something big brown and ugly, and this sure seemed to fit the bill.

I did buy some tungsten cone heads, and I was thinking of making it with those for the action it imparts, and also to run deeper. So should I be able to master this thing, everyone gets a Borden's Magnum Roach!

GUYS - all due apologies, been trying for 30 minutes to get the image to show here. Tried all sorts of url's, no luck, just photo anxiety. I could only get it here really big, or not at all. Just follow the link, and I am open to suggestions. Normally don't struggle with pics too much, but having issues today.

JG

my.php

http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bordenmagnumroach.jpg

j

it was too big

Attachments

• bordenmagnumroach.jpg
    bordenmagnumroach.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 2
that looks like a sexy fly

It really caught my eye, but then again anyone who has every seen me walk through a fly shop with $50 bucks in my pocket knows that a lot of stuff catches my eye.

Tom, thanks for the photo. Is that a link to imageshack, or did you download and link to another post elsewhere. I have posted plenty of photos, but struck out with that one. JG

It really caught my eye, but then again anyone who has every seen me walk through a fly shop with $50 bucks in my pocket knows that a lot of stuff catches my eye.

I hear that!

I saved it to my desktop, opened it in photoshop, dumbed it down and followed normal picture posting procedure from the sticky in the general forum.

Got mine today!! All good looking flies, and they will get tested on the Little J this weekend!! Many Thanks to the Host!!!

JH

Thanks everyone, got the flies today. Time to go fishing again!

JG

got my flies today! thanks everyone! -- let me know if you catch anything on my streamer (the black n gold one) -- they all look great

Fishing Report: Borden Magnum Roach

Folks, just a fishing note on the fly I tied for the swap. This fly caught my eye in a fly shop out west. I tied it having never fished it because I wanted to play with the technique (the fly is glued together).

Well, this past week was a "chuck and duck" day waiting for hatches to start. I was with a guide and threw white, black, leaches, olive buggers, brown buggers with only one small 15" brown. I kept saying I want to try my fly. Finally we put it on, miss a larger (18" or so trout). Then in a few minutes miss another. The water was shallow, 2-3 feet and they were chasing it so fast I was pulling the fly from them when I saw them turn. A few minutes later it hits the surface, nice trout turns and chases, I don't pull it away, just continue stripping, and here is the bad boy! So the fly works. With better chucking technique from me it would have been three like this in 15 minutes or so. The sulphers, and drakes started shortly and we put the streamers away, but I was happy with this fly. It is not weighted, but I fished it with one of those sinking tip extenders on my fly line. Just enough to get it down a little, but all the fish came up from the bottom as soon as it hit and stripped.

JG

p5290056.jpg

Nice fish Jersey. As soon you you said you caught a "small" 15" brown, I knew you were fishing the D River.

How did you do when the sulphurs and drakes started to pop?

Kind of like this::-D :-D :-D
p5290064.jpg

And this::-D :-D :-D
p5290063q.jpg

SWEET!!

JH

Back