Stream improvements after Sandy

Dave_W wrote:
Thanks Afish and Mike.

Is there a viable striped bass fishery in the Skuke above this dam?

No but the striped bass fishing below the dam is phenomenal and some of the biggest catches come from this area.

poopdeck wrote:
Dave_W wrote:
Thanks Afish and Mike.

Is there a viable striped bass fishery in the Skuke above this dam?

No but the striped bass fishing below the dam is phenomenal and some of the biggest catches come from this area.

I’m lucky enough that this is in my backyard and it is some great striper fishing. And the Delaware all along the Philly shoreline has great striper fishing when they make their run. Only thing with the Delaware is that you have to get your casts out into first seam of current as the bass don’t often come very close to shore. With all the popularity and tradition of the rowboats, I don’t see any way that dam comes down. The fish ladders are pretty cool though in that you can watch the fish migrate all day and night online.

Stripers...pures and/or hybrids...are caught by at least one angler below the next dam upstream, Flat Rock Dam. We have seen hybrids below the dam near Phoenixville (Black Rock Dam) as well...in addition to American Shad. The hybrids are probably escapees from Blue Marsh.

Back