Stonfo Transformer Vise

Fredrick

Fredrick

I was thinking of updating my traveler to a more fancier vise since my traveler is running on its lasts life, so I started checking out what vises were out there. And I came across this new Stonfo Transformer vise and have to say that I am very impressed. For those of you don't know me I fish for anything I can get to take a fly and this vise seems to cover it all . It's a little pricey but looks to be worth it since it has different vise heads that are quickly changeable for streamers,trout and tube flies . Does anyone have any experiences with this vise ?

STONFO TRANSFORMER VISE REVIEW from barbosconmosca.com on Vimeo.

https://youtu.be/72ZVsnns_rI

as always loving the coffee cup Tim

Paging tc

Hey Fred,

Also check out the Pettijean vise here...

Both look like they are adjustable to tie both large and small flies.

laszlo wrote:
Paging tc

I thought the same thing.

From what I can find it looks like a very fine vise. But it is way out of my new vise budget. Good luck OP finding the feedback you are looking for.

Below is another video about the transformer vise. Not as well made and informative as Tim's video, but you can get the idea:

It looks like a great rotary vise for trout and bass flies.

As well, I looks like it would be the ticket for larger SW flies and muskie flies measured in feet and not inches. The materials and body would sit on the long straight section behind the jaws. That feature would be perfect too for Game Changer flies tying multi-section articulated bodies.

Not into tube flies, but the vise looks tubular, also.

Looks like a good purchase for my Christmas and First Holy Communion money that I've been hanging onto....

Hi all, and yes I tie on the Stonfo Transformer regularly. I used the Renzetti Traveler for more years than I can remember, jumped to a Stonfo Kaiman, and now the Stonfo Transformer. There's been no looking back.

There was a link to one of my videos, and I feel the same way now as when I made that. It's a quality tool that ties "typical" flies, streamers (and the size goes very large), and tube flies. The jaws are well made, the base is heavy, and when I'm at a show or event tying and show people how simple it is to change jaws, they're blown away.

I'm in the Pittsburgh area, thus if you ever want to check mine out, just let me know. Good luck with the decision, and the last thing I'll mention is to constantly check the price. I've noticed that it varies greatly all over, and Ebay has been a great source for Stonfo products that haven't made their way to a US supplier.

Any other questions, just let me know.

Tim

PS - Onto a new coffee mug, which is working great keeping it hot this time of year... ;-)

Fredrick wrote:
I was thinking of updating my traveler to a more fancier vise since my traveler is running on its lasts life, so I started checking out what vises were out there. And I came across this new Stonfo Transformer vise and have to say that I am very impressed. For those of you don't know me I fish for anything I can get to take a fly and this vise seems to cover it all . It's a little pricey but looks to be worth it since it has different vise heads that are quickly changeable for streamers,trout and tube flies . Does anyone have any experiences with this vise ?

afishinado wrote:
Below is another video about the transformer vise. Not as well made and informative as Tim's video, but you can get the idea:

It looks like a great rotary vise for trout and bass flies.

As well, I looks like it would be the ticket for larger SW flies and muskie flies measured in feet and not inches. The materials and body would sit on the long straight section behind the jaws. That feature would be perfect too for Game Changer flies tying multi-section articulated bodies.

Not into tube flies, but the vise looks tubular, also.

Looks like a good purchase for my Christmas and First Holy Communion money that I've been hanging onto....

As a follow up:

I finally decided to semi retire my 25 year old Renzetti Traveler and actually use it as my travel vise. I bought the Stonfo Transformer Vise and received it this past week.

It's a first class rotary with all the adjustment capability and bells and whistles. In addition, the streamer head allows me to easily tie SW, Muskie and articulated flies. The tube fly attachment will stay in the box for now.

Just FYI, as Tim stated above, there is a wide variation in availability as well as pricing for this vise online.

I found a local family owned company from Reading, PA that sells the vise for a really good price. They charge a small fee for shipping and you must pay PA tax if you are from PA, but even with the aforementioned, the cost is less than most other US or overseas shops I've seen advertised. And the vise arrived 2 days after I ordered it since I live only 20 miles away.

If you are interested, here is a link to their site:

http://www.haggertylures.com/search.php?search_query=vise&x=0&y=0

See my blog about the Transformer. I think it is the best vise on the market hands down. qualiflyproducts.com. I like it so much I started offering it on my website. It is new technology at its best.
Fredrick wrote:

STONFO TRANSFORMER VISE REVIEW from barbosconmosca.com on Vimeo.

This is not the place to do Buisness. Maybe sell and swap.

I am not trying to do business. I just wrote a short review of the vise.
Thought it might help.

Joe, it's available on my website is doing Buisness. You can't even advertise your Buisness in swap and sell. You just got here. Jeez.

Back