Stoneflies

RonB

RonB

After tying 100 dozen flies, I finally got around to doing some stonefly nymphs. Been tying now everyday for around 8 weeks.

Attachments

• stonefly nymphs.JPG
    stonefly nymphs.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 10
100 dozen! That made me dizzy thinking about it. Those stones look really nice.

nice stones, wanna a job. I need a good tyer I can't keep up with orders and tying for shop.

100 dozen honestly scares me...I fill some orders for a local shop,but my biggest order was only 2 gross, and that was quite a hassle,couldn't even imagine pulling off 4 times that,especially on a set time schedule.

Not really on any time schedule. I am retired on disability and this is a good way for me to pass my winter when not fishing or golfing. I still need to get my license yet for this year. When I get them I will get out fishing.

Here is a picture of some Black Stonefly nymphs I tied today.

Attachments

• blackstoneflynymphs.JPG
    blackstoneflynymphs.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 2
Wow, talk about your bench time. Cool looking stones.

I love the use of biot on stones. I tried some weaving last year and got annoyed with it ;) Great looking flies. I am finding myself using more rubber legs these days, but feel the biot to be just as effective.

I find it easier to work with for me

are you using goose or turkey biot

Thanks

You are quite welcome.....Portage.....I lived in Cresson, Pa for 8 months back in 1993 and 1994. Transferred up there to work for the railroad in Hollidaysburg.

Back