stocking foot hippers; suggestoins?

klingy wrote:
I’m a big fan of the llbean timber ledge quick dry pants. Don’t have to worry about bugs, and they are pretty tough in brush, and handle nettles really well. Yes, you get wet, but they dry relatively quickly. Much cooler than waders, but don’t really offer the snake reassurance you were looking for.

Those pants sound good. Are they substantially thicker material than the usual quick dry fishing pants?

The usual fishing pants dry very quickly, but nettles sting you right through the pants.

Blue jeans prevent stings by nettles, but they are made of cotton so when they get wet, they will be wet the rest of the day.

I've been looking for pants made of a quick drying material, but with heavier fabric than the usual fishing pants, to prevent nettle stings, and to provide at least some resistance to briars.

Maybe these pants are the solution.

Does anyone know of other similar pants?

When fishing these types of streams, I prefer to wet wade. Most of the time you aren't wading deep on these small streams.

But you should never wear shorts. Because of ticks, nettles, and thorns.

Any outdoor pant will be nylon or polyester. Different brands and different styles offer different thicknesses. Try them out. Eddie Bauer Guide pros are some of my favorite.

Troutbert - yeah the timberledge pants are decently rugged. I get about two summers out of a pair, and I beat them pretty hard. They are thicker material than other zip-offs that I have, and I don’t ever hesitate going through nettles or brush. You might get a sting occasionally, but nothing to ruin your day.

Back