stockies search

bushwacker

bushwacker

Taking my nephew fishing this weekend. Just started to teach him fly fishing and I'd like for him to catch his first trout on the fly. I know it;s late in the season and most streams haven't many stocked fish left. any recommendations of streams that still have a lot of stocked fish that aren't very technical? thanks. we live in lancaster but 2 hr drive is not out of question.

Tully.

East Branch Licking Creek, in the special regs area.

Stockies, plus some wild trout, in a nice wooded setting.

There's a picnic area there too, so bring some food along and enjoy.

That's probably about 1 1/2 hr drive north.

Take him to a Small wild brook trout stream. Those things are easier to catch then stockies and sunnies.

I agree with Poopdeck. Brookies are a lot of fun, and a cool experience.

Brookies are fun and easy, but the casting can be a bit of a hassle for a newbie depend how small you go....

I'd recommend the special regs stretch on the Breeches, plenty of stockies still in there, easy access and plenty open enough for a learning fly caster.

Tucquan Ck in the Tucquan Glen: very abundant wild browns. Should be easy to catch. It's in Lancaster Co...more time to fish, less time driving.

If you wish to fish over a mix of stockies and wild browns, hit Fishing Ck in Lancaster Co.

If you go with Mike's suggestion get there early in the morning or it will be overrun with hikers.

Back