Stimulator Dubbing

GHM

GHM

I’m looking for some dubbing for stimulators. Mostly orange, yellow, and maybe black. Anybody have any links to good dubbing for this? Thanks,
Gavin

I’m looking for some dubbing for stimulators. Mostly orange, yellow, and maybe black. Anybody have any links to good dubbing for this? Thanks,
Gavin
A guy has one pack of vintage Orvis Spectrablend dubbing in orange and yellow on EBay right now. I used this dubbing for years in these 2 colors for my Stimulators, and caught lots of trout on them. There are only one pack of each color available right now, so when they’re sold you’d have trouble finding more. I’d offer him about $3.00 per pack, plus shipping and tax and see if he’d accept it.

Reactions: GHM
A guy has one pack of vintage Orvis Spectrablend dubbing in orange and yellow on EBay right now. I used this dubbing for years in these 2 colors for my Stimulators, and caught lots of trout on them. There are only one pack of each color available right now, so when they’re sold you’d have trouble finding more. I’d offer him about $3.00 per pack, plus shipping and tax and see if he’d accept it.
Yo mt - has Orvis changed their Spectrablend over the years?

You can use whatever you like. I'm sure any dubbing is those colors will work.

Last edited:
Yo mt - has Orvis changed their Spectrablend over the years?
I believe they have, but I’m not certain. The Spectrablend that I have could date back 30-40 years ago, and is (probably) made from very soft, dyed, rabbit fur. It is very easy to dub, and surprisingly floats very well. I’ve looked at a more recent vintage of Spectrablend, which I didn‘t buy, and it seemed to be quite different. Maybe someone who has a more recent vintage can correct me if I’m wrong.

I probably have a half dozen other dubbing brands and have yet to find anything as of yet that ties as nice rusty spinners as that vintage rusty spinner colored Spectrablend. (if anyone has any of it, I’d love to buy or trade you for it. 😊)

Back