Starling skin

T

tracker12

When I was growing up I honed by shooting skills on Starlings out the bathroom window. Wish I would have saved some of the feathers. Anyone know where I can get a skin these days. Never seem to get any in the yard these days.

I have ordered them from J Stockard, but it is hit or miss on summer vs. winter plumage. They might pick one for you if you call. I usually pick one up at the Sommerset show which is coming up soon. Starling is good stuff.

Fly Tyers Heaven, Sunbury

Black and Gold,
thank you for mentioning the name of that place in Sunbury.
I have only been there once but was amazed at the selection of products and materials he has in that small place. We had some friends up over the weekend and one of them was asking me where to go for fly fishing and tying stuff near Shamokin. I told him about the place but couldnt remember the name or if he still was open. I will let him know the place is still open and definitly worth the drive.

Mike Hogue has nice starling skins. Here is the link:

http://www.eflytyer.com/new_stuff/ns_feathers.html

FTF, you are welcome. That is about the only place I go anymore. He has everything I've ever needed. Also some good knowledge from the guy free of charge. Last time I was in, he even sat down and showed me a new technique on the vise and let me try some new dubbing he has. The place is amazing with everything he has there.

I recently got one at FFP, but the best I one I ever used came from Blue Ribbon flies.

JH

Thanks for the info. I think I can take it from here.

Back