St Croix Legend Elite

S

Sylvaneous

Has anyone tried the new rods from St. Croix? I thought the one I cast 2 years ago was great. I'm interested in an 8 wt. for smallies on big water. Anyone had one in their hand?

Syl

I have the Bob Jacklin version in a 5wt. It's my favorite rod and the one I use the most.

JH

Isn't the Jacklin rod a legend ultra, not an elite? I fiddled around with both at the somerset show yesterday. St. Croix knows what they're doing.

I wiggled both the Elite and Legend Ultra at the show on Saturday. I thought the Elite was a little stiff for my tastes, and the Legend Ultra was about right for me. Give 'em a test cast and compare them for yourself.

Bill

I use a 7wt. legend elite on the Delaware. It's a rocket launcher. The fast action suits my casting style. It's the third one I've bought. I've got a 4wt and a 5wt also. Love them all, the 5 is my favorite.

Isn't the Jacklin rod a legend ultra, not an elite? I fiddled around with both at the somerset show yesterday. St. Croix knows what they're doing.
You know, one of these days I will read the WHOLE title before inserting my foot into my mouth!! :-o I've liked every St. Croix rod I've ever fished with. I did fish with a "elite" when I visted the Smokies. I got to fish both a Sage and that Elite and liked the elite better.
JH

Back